VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I know the subject shounds confusing, but what I am wondering is if the algorithim for Tmpgenc-2 Mpeg codec is the best out there?

Will I get a better quality Mpeg2 file from Tmpgenc, then say Ulead 7.0, Pinnacle, or pwerproducer 3.0 Mpeg2 files?

Thanks

Peplogic
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Peplogic
    Will I get a better quality Mpeg2 file from Tmpgenc, then say Ulead 7.0, Pinnacle, or pwerproducer 3.0 Mpeg2 files?

Thanks

Peplogic
    Quality is very subjective. TmpGenc is generally considered to produce very high quality mpegs. This of course also depends on the quality of the source material and the settings used. Other mpeg encoders also produce very high quality output when fed with good quality sources and configured correctly. The overall 'look' of the output from different encoders varies and which one you prefer is down to personal taste and it may even depend on the type of source material (cartoons Vs live action for instance). Some encoders work better for low bitrates than others too.

Basically what I am trying to say is that, when it comes to picture quality, you can take as much advice as you like but in the end you have to decide for yourself what is best for you.
    Quote Quote