VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by bugster
    Originally Posted by Duchess
    I have NTL and that's capped at 1Gb per day,
    Only in theory. I go over that regularly, but not all the time if you see what I mean, and there is no actaul cap, just a mention in the terms and conditions.
    Yes, I have on occasion gone well over 1GB in a day
    Quote Quote  
  2. Will have you shopped around, I think you can probrably get 128K broadband for just about the same price as dial-up. Assuming of course a fixed monthly plan dial-up and not pay for the time you are connected dial-up.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Craig Tucker
    Will have you shopped around, I think you can probrably get 128K broadband for just about the same price as dial-up. Assuming of course a fixed monthly plan dial-up and not pay for the time you are connected dial-up.
    Tiscali do a 150k for £15.99 and a 256k for £19.99
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  4. BTOpenworld users who use P2P may want to check out this link

http://www.net4nowt.com/isp_news/news_article.asp?News_ID=1860
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    I'm sure P2P is reason for the kids and pirates, but I can honestly say I don't know a single person older than 22 that has broadband to download. It's for conveniences like faster page loads, ability to update software quicker (anti-virus, Windows, etc), and do work online, whether it be to sell as a career on eBay, design/program, or merely do research.
    You might not know anyone, but It's a fact that when the warez scene and it's groups emerged in the late 1980's most people where teenagers, and moste of the people in the scene today I'll guess be in their mid 20's or even their mid 30's, if they are still active!

This is not p2p relative, but still... lot's of these people have broadband "just" to download. I think it's about more than downloading, but in others eyes it's to make hell on earth!

Well, I'm not in that scene, but I know for sure that those sceneres that stays true to the scene does it for other thing than most of you think!
    10110101100111012011 <- The bug Bill doesn't talk about.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by straliss440
    BTOpenworld users who use P2P may want to check out this link

http://www.net4nowt.com/isp_news/news_article.asp?News_ID=1860
    I haven't heard from them.
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i was just about to sign up for Broadband today !!

what should i do ?? i dont want to run it for P2P sharing, alrady done all that

i just dont want a ping of 400 when getting my ass kick in UT2004

should i jump on the bandwagon now, or just wait ??
    " Your gonna need a bigger boat .... "
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by p0rnLiME
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    I'm sure P2P is reason for the kids and pirates, but I can honestly say I don't know a single person older than 22 that has broadband to download. It's for conveniences like faster page loads, ability to update software quicker (anti-virus, Windows, etc), and do work online, whether it be to sell as a career on eBay, design/program, or merely do research.
    You might not know anyone, but It's a fact that when the warez scene and it's groups emerged in the late 1980's most people where teenagers, and moste of the people in the scene today I'll guess be in their mid 20's or even their mid 30's, if they are still active!
    !
    Most of the people i know who do this sort of thing wont even fall into to 30's they are well above that.....
    p2p wont kill broardband only the isp's will by their greed...They are the ones offering no restrictions on usage. So why should they change now, just because they got their sums wrong....
    Once again the common users is getting stuffed.....
    Bt's new £19.99 512 service with a limit of 1 gig a month is a joke. A typical hours plain surfing can be between 10 to 20 meg so at that rate you get 3 hours a day surfing....An that dosent include email or updating windows or your virus dat files.....
    Joke springs to mind....
    Not bothered by small problems...
    Spend a night alone with a mosquito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rhegedus
    Originally Posted by Craig Tucker
    Will have you shopped around, I think you can probrably get 128K broadband for just about the same price as dial-up. Assuming of course a fixed monthly plan dial-up and not pay for the time you are connected dial-up.
    Tiscali do a 150k for £15.99 and a 256k for £19.99

Thanks Craig/Rob.
    I'm planning PAYG, you wouldn't believe how much of a stretch £16 is right now, and I'm only paying £20 on broadband.
    I plan to continue to do my posting through the day at work
    Will
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
  10. There is nothing wrong with using P2P tell me what is wrong with downloading a few song's listening to them and then going to the shop to buy the real cd. why should people have to pay for a cd with out listening to it first I think downloading a song listening to it then if you like it go and buy it if not Delete it from your hard drive. But people use broadband for all sorts of reason some for gameing some for P2P and some just don’t want to have to wait all day for a web page to come up.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I don't use P2P myself but I download software from the warez sites and install it, then evaluate it and if it's good I make a note of it and then either buy it myself or recommend my company to buy it.

Ever tried asking Microsloff to send you an evaluation copy of their Office Suite or anything else? No chance, so the above is the only way to try-before-you-buy and as my company expects me to know all about new software packages warez is my only resource.

Regretably the mags do a lousy job of evaluation much of the time, probably because they don't want to alienate their advertisers so I can't rely on what they say.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Duchess
    I don't use P2P myself but I download software from the warez sites and install it, then evaluate it and if it's good I make a note of it and then either buy it myself or recommend my company to buy it.

Ever tried asking Microsloff to send you an evaluation copy of their Office Suite or anything else? No chance, so the above is the only way to try-before-you-buy and as my company expects me to know all about new software packages warez is my only resource.

Regretably the mags do a lousy job of evaluation much of the time, probably because they don't want to alienate their advertisers so I can't rely on what they say.
    I thinkt that you just wrote an "illegal" post, the rules says something about not talking about warez, and that we are not supposed to advocate warez in out posts...

Would just be more careful if I would enjoy a long time at this great forum...
    10110101100111012011 <- The bug Bill doesn't talk about.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Oooooppppssss!!!!

Any moderator reading this - I apologise and will be more careful in the future.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    had an email from my isp (freedom2surf) yesterday, they sent a warning to all users saying they had been contacted by a worlwide internet enforcement agency who complained about f2s users swapping copyrighted files on p2p services. it goes on to state that anybody who continues to do this using a f2s account will be supsended, and if found to be doing so again will have there account terminated. freedom to surf always said they did not block p2p services for their users, but now they have had a complaint from iea and are clamping down.
    Quote Quote  
  15. p0rnLiME

i dont Think what he wrote is illegal in anyway the Rules are

Do NOT give warez.

Do NOT link to warez.

Do NOT ask for warez.

Do NOT provide information how to obtain warez.

Do NOT advocate warez.

im not being funny here but he did Not do any of the above, he just said he goes to warez sites, what is Wrong with that?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    lovebuzz,

I don't believe there is such a thing as a "worldwide" internet enforcement agency. You, or your ISP, are being foolish. You're getting scared by some schmuck who says he's gonna get you.

Hell, states can't even decide if they want to regulate/police, or not.

Cheers,

George
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Digital boogie-man
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by luvvbuzz
    had an email from my isp (freedom2surf) yesterday, they sent a warning to all users saying they had been contacted by a worlwide internet enforcement agency who complained about f2s users swapping copyrighted files on p2p services. it goes on to state that anybody who continues to do this using a f2s account will be supsended, and if found to be doing so again will have there account terminated. freedom to surf always said they did not block p2p services for their users, but now they have had a complaint from iea and are clamping down.
    Not all users as i use them as my isp and i havent got one....Maybe its just them using p2p who have recived them...
    And yes my contact email address is active....
    Not bothered by small problems...
    Spend a night alone with a mosquito
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    would you consider bit torrent as p2p?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by luvvbuzz
    i got this totally wrong, lol, i am signed up to a fair adsl forum and the admin of fair adsl emeiled me, not my isp (f2s) sorry about that, was not paying enough attention to my email, been getting so many netsky virus ones, emails a bit of a joke at the moment. so fair adsl does not affect me.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    iIf I just wanted to surf the web 56k woud be fine. ISPs in the usa always talk abut downloading movies and music in their ads. I really think they would lose a bunch of customers if they want $50 a month just to surf the web.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    im with ntlwotld, im paying 4 a 600kbps £24.99, its grerat 4 download, i dnt hhink tht they tamper with how much u can down/upload?
    Quote Quote