VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. ok i want to convert ogm to avi to mpg(so dvd player can read it)... but i want to convert ogm to avi by removing the sub, and the jap translation. Then onto mpg(or vcd).

i have one more thing to ask, if i do all these convert, will my mpg video look different from my ogm???
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by moneylee
    ok i want to convert ogm to avi to mpg(so dvd player can read it)... but i want to convert ogm to avi by removing the sub, and the jap translation. Then onto mpg(or vcd).

i have one more thing to ask, if i do all these convert, will my mpg video look different from my ogm???
    yes, the quality of the video will reduce.....but for me when you're watching it on TV, you wouldn't really notice it....

first make sure you have all the filters and codecs you need to play OGM files........open the file in VirtualDubMod.......goto Streams and then stream list........highlight the first audio (usually the first audio is english) then hit demux to separate the audio......it'll be saved as an OGG files, u can put whatever name you want as the filename.......audio 1 for instance.

then goto the File menu......save it as an "avi".....now u have a separate audio and video, if u want...you can try playing it just to make sure that u got a right audio and video.

after that you have to convert the audio into WAV format cuz it was saved in Ogg format, I used Goldwave to convert it......u can search for it in this site to download it......just open the file in Goldwave and save it as WAV.

now you can convert it to VCD -or- MPG. I used TMPGenc to convert it.....just use the project wizard......select VCD-NTSC....for the video, use the avi file that you have saved in VirtualDubMod.......and then for the Audio, use the file that you converted into WAV format in Goldwave....and that should it!.....let me know what happen.
    Quote Quote