VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just bought this puppy a couple of months ago, and I was watching DVDs and burning CDs with no problems. After not using the drive for a week or so I popped in a data CD which the drive was unable to read. I then tried music CDs, movie DVDs and various application CDs all to no avail.

I can hear the drive try to spin then stop abruptly with a soft clicking noise. The indicator light then comes on with a double-blink (presumably some sort of message that I cannot find in the users manual).

I've tried to change out the cable, and I've installed the latest firmware (1.04). I've tried to change the jumpers on the back from "Master" to "Cable Select" to "DMA" and back again. None of these measures solve the problem.

Am I missing something that I should be checking? Has anyone else had this type of problem? Please help.

TIA
    Quote Quote  
  2. I would suggest that you hook this drive up to a different computer, a friends, another of yours, etc. and see if it works.

If it still does the same thing, I think it's a pretty good bet that you've got a bad drive and you need to send it in for replacement.
    Quote Quote