VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am looking at purchasing a phillips or go video desktop recorder. I have several questions for those that already have one. My purpose for the recorder is to basically take programs from my PVR or TIVO and burn them to disk. I understand most of the listed recorders record to DVD-VR format. Can you record a program to a dvd +rw disk, then use dvd squeeze (or comperable program) to rip it to a PC hard drive, then edit it with tmpgenc dvd author? I know the process will not be incredibly easy, but I do have an NEC 1300 burner on my pc and would like to change the dvd +rw to DVD +R to be more compatible with other players after editing comercials and such.

Sorry for the long post and I appreciate your time and effort.

Steve
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have the Philips DVDR75 and often copy stuff off TIVO onto the DVDR.

I tend to edit out the commercials, start/end points on the Philips then rip using DVDDecrypter. I then run it through DVD2One (or DVDShrink) to re-create all the required file structure (it doesn't compress anything, so there's no loss of quality) then burn to disk. Quick & easy!

If I want to edit on PC, I decrypt using IFO mode & slecting the appropriate PGC, also turning off VOB splitting, so I then have a contigous mpeg file. Rename the Vob file to .mpg & edit with my preferred software on the PC. Then re-author

I'm sure there's loads of other (better?) ways, but this works for me.
    Hope this helps

Nezza
    Quote Quote