VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Fine, but I think I have found something better and I have plenty of proof for my decision. No way I'll settle for something that is clearly inferior. But thanks for your input. I'm surprised about your attitude towards Pinnacle in DV codec context. It doesn't mean a thing to me what they have done in the past. They are not the first and they won't be the last to stop supporting something regardless of price. I just go with what works best at the moment. And Pinnacle/MC combo delivers big time.

For me this is a technical decision, yours is clearly political... Life goes on.
    Quote Quote  
  2. In Vegas 4.0 you can continuously re-render DV AVI up to 100 times without quality issues. If you want to argue, go to the following:

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/forums/

Some kind person from here directed me to this Forum some months back, and I haven’t looked back in terms of Vegas issues. Sorry I don't have this person's name, but he/she should be a statue in my Vegas world.

Douglas Spotted Eagle wrote the imformative 'Vegas 4 Editing Workshop' book. If you disagree, ask him! He's there posting every other day or so.

100 re-renders with the Vegas Codec. These issues are talked about each day.

Best regards,

Paul
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hello everyone,
    I've always had concerns about the DV I capture and I think this is the topic that has to do with my problem. When I capture my video it looks pretty darn dark. It's not terrible, but it does look darker than it does on my camera. Could the problem be that I'm using the wrong DV decoder? Thing is, I don't do any editing yet really, I just capture with Adobe Premiere Pro, and then encode with Canopus Procoder 1.5. I am getting extremely good results with that combo, although I do feel that after I capture with Adobe, it is slightly darker. I'm under the impression though (after reading this thread) that if I'm not rendering and using transitions, that their shouldn't be any change in quality from a mere DV-in DV-out method. However if I switched to capturing with Vegas, would I find my videos slightly brighter?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    No, it should be identical to what you have. PC monitor displays darker picture and that is normal (it's not a TV). Burn a disk and play it on on standalone. It should be OK.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ...When I capture my video it looks pretty darn dark. It's not terrible, but it does look darker ...
    Perform a monitor calibration. I am not suprised by how few people actually do this.
    If your monitor is not correctly calibrated, all the adjustments you make the the video is useless since you have an incorrect baseline.

Also as stated , computer monitors and TV display differently.

][
    Quote Quote  
  6. Interestin post. jujube, which one did you pick ?
    Quote Quote