VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have an ati radoen ve video card, windows xp pro, 1.4 gig amd, 768 megs or ram. my question is........a few months ago i hooked the video card to my tv using s-video and all of my video files played fine. today i hooked it up again and i get the desktop and jpeg and everything but the video files to work. why wont the video files show? what could be setup wrong? can anyone help? thanks for any input
    Can anyone explain this??
    Quote Quote  
  2. First, make sure your ATi drivers are up to date. Next, I need to know what it lkooks like when you try to play a video file on the TV; does the screen go blank? Is the place where the video should be (windowed) just blank on the TV but works on the monitor?

Also, what kind of video files are you playing? Are you sure you have the proper codecs installed? If not, try out Gspot, it will tell you what codec a movie file uses.

Also, you might try playing around with the "Overlay" under advanced options in the Display Properties.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If I understand you correctly, you only see your desktop wallpaper on the TV display? If this is the case, all you need to do is drag the video player to the extended desktop, which is off to the right of your PC monitor. Either that or go to the advanced display properties and set up the TV to display the same as the primary display.
    Quote Quote  
  4. He sent me an email saying he fixed it. Updated drivers from www.ati.com fixed the problem.
    Quote Quote