VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I capture my DV in AVI and then produce it with the DVD codec. I am using Powerdirector 3...and I am not happy with the quality of the DVD. Are there other Codecs (besides MPeg2 which was worse) that I should be thinking about?

Are there plug in codecs.....that will work with Cybelink programs like powerdirector....are there programs around 100 (like Ulead 7.0 ) that have differant codecs that might work better?

Please let me know if any one knows a better way

Thanks

Peplogic
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know anything about Powerdirector 3 but most of us here use TMPGEnc aka TMPGEnc Plus or CINEMA CRAFT ENCODER aka CCE BASIC for our MPEG-2 encoding.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    VideoStuio 7 has a good MPEG-2 encoder and can produce acceptable DVD's. I've made several and I'm happy with it. However, I'm still testing some very short clips I've make just to see if I think TMPGen is better. I know it should be better because everyone says it is one of the best. For the few tests I'm made I can't tell the difference. However, they are not difficult tests,... just everyday video.

I also do not think there is anyway to force VideoStudio to use any other MPEG-2 codec. It is built in to the entire program,... which is an "End to End" NLE software. My problem with it is producing SVCD's. I have done my own testing and prefer VBR Constant Quality and this is not an option in VideoStudio. It only has VBR and CBR.
    "Technology",...It's what keeps us all moving forward.
    Quote Quote