VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I apologize if this has been asked already in the forums (I looked but couldn't find any info). I have an old computer with a Pentium II processor, 512 MB Ram and an ISA Sound Blaster AWE 32 sound card. Both Windows 98SE and Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4 are installed. Under Windows 2000, DVD movies play just fine. In Windows 98SE, the video is fine but the audio is awful. After doing a research on the net I found out that this may be due to the fact that the AWE 32 is not capable of handling the 48 Khz sample rate of DVD audio. Nevertheless, the sound is perfect anyway in Windows 2000. Does anybody know if there is a way to fix this in Windows 98 ? I also have another computer with the same exact configuration that has exactly the same problem (but only has Windows 98 installed because of hard disk space). I tried both PowerDVD and WinDVD, but didn't solve anything. Thanks everybody.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Oh man, I still have one of those too, it's in my server. Is yours like 2 feet long too?

I hate to be like this, but I think it's time you bought a new card. You can get a capable card for like $7, seriously. It's time man.

Just click on "Sound Cards" here: www.pricewatch.com
    Quote Quote