VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have tried various alternatives to burn into DVD by spending lot of time in this site, but none of them worked really well. It is so confusing by seeing tons of solutions here.

Could anyone provide two solutions to burn from DV to DVD??

i) The best solution (best quality and no compromise in terms of money)

ii) Alternative solution(Close to best quality with bit compromise of money)

Background of my problem: I have sony TRV 30, and have been using Pinnacle Studio 7.0 for editing. I tried creating AVI from pinnacle and converting to mpeg, and none of the solutions gives me good quality.

Thank you very much.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For best solution under $100 with no compromise of quality:

In Studio 7 when you have it "Make Movie" be sure you have:
    1. "AVI" selected at far left.
    2. Select "Settings" button.
    3. In the "Video Settings" "Compression" drop down list choose "DV Video Encoder".

This will ensure that the rendering of video, titles and transitions produce the least amount of encoding. Studio 7 is very good at titles and transitions, but terrible at encoding to MPEG.

Use TMPGEnc Plus ($48 for download version) for encoding.
    Use TMPGEnc DVD Author ($68 for download version) for burning.
    Get both for $99. You won't regret it!
    Quote Quote  
  3. I tried with TmpGenc, but audio and video doesnt sync well. What is the best way of doing that? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by eluck
    I tried with TmpGenc, but audio and video doesnt sync well. What is the best way of doing that? Thanks
    Please elaborate on the sync issue.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I added background music to my video using Pinnacle based on the video. But after converting to mpeg2 from .avi using Tmpgenc, audio and video doesnt synchronize...

I tried convert using virtualdub and tmpgenc, quality was good.. but unfortunately I lost the webpage address(for settings)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If the sync error is the same all the way through then: in VirtualDub under Audio; Interleaving; Audio Skew Correction; input an appropriate number, play it, then change the number until it's right. When right "direct stream copy" and save as AVI as another name, or better yet to another harddrive.

If a/v is in sync at the beginning and out at the end: in VirtualDub under Video; Frame Rate; Source rate adjustment; check "Change so video and audio durations match". Then Direct Stream Copy and save as AVI as another name, or to another harddrive.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Vegas 4 is very good for DV capture/processing. End to end + DVDLab for DVD authoring.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Capture with Windows Movie Maker 2 (MM2), it's free with XP (upgrade from windows site). Edit with MM2. Always capture and edit in AVI format for best quality. Save finished movie as AVI then author and burn with MyDVD (free with sony burners). Fantastic quality with free software.
    Quote Quote