VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a media file(s) consisting of the following extensions:
    nameoffile.avi
    nameoffile.idx
    nameoffile.sub

Where the nameoffile.avi is the main file.
    Gspot tells me that the video format is Xvid, and the audio codec is AC3filter.

The nameoffile.avi plays in WMP ok, but the audio is quite low, and when I converted it to mpg, dvd compliant file, there was no audio at all.

I tried to extract the audio using Virtualmoddub, but it gave me an error saying it could not locate decompressor for XVID.

Ok so what codecs do I need now?

Thanks
    Bob Heselwood
    Quote Quote  
  2. u should have the xvid codec and ac3 filter which may also fix the audio level for u, but ur video has a subtitle file with it, do u need these? id use ffdshow for this then, if ur trying to convert to mpg with tmpgenc decompress the audio with virtual dub, by loading the video and setting to direct stream copy in the video menu, then set in the audio menu to full processing mode, and again in that menu under compression set it to none then just hit save as avi in the file menu , some people prefer to extract a wav file instead, but this works for me
    Quote Quote  
  3. When I try to save the nameoffile.avi to avi, after following your advice as to how or what to do, I get an error message telling me it could not find
    the audio decompresor to compress the source audio format, but I am not trying to compress it...doing it as you say.

Oh for some unknown reason, after downloading the AC3filter.exe file, I cannot run it to set bit up. The exe file just opens and closes immediately!

Thanks
    Bob Heselwood
    Quote Quote  
  4. Ignore the above, I found an older version of AC3Filter, and installed that, and now VDub is outputting the file. I will check audio afte it has finished.

Thanks
    Bob Heselwood
    Quote Quote  
  5. After running Vdub and outputting the said file to avi as you said, after only 19% through, the avi was nearly 7Gb in size!, but avicodec says that the video is 1.9Gb, and the audio is only 24mb!. So what is going on here?

Thanks
    Bob Heselwood
    Quote Quote