VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    They are going to finally release the 26 (1964) episodes of JQ in May. Why is WB/HB taking so long to release these cartoons don't they know there are some old timers on this forum that loved Saturday Morning Cartoons....
    Quote Quote  
  2. hey youngblood, you know anything about Thudarr the Barbarian or Land of the Lost (on dvd)?

i live for saturday morning cartoons! my current fav. is Mucha Lucha!! (that's why i'm stylin' this ricochet avatar!) another great is Invader Zim. do you know if that's out on vid.??
    Quote Quote  
  3. Great!

I remember JQ quite well....grew up watching it.

I just recently bought Green Acres (1st season) for my boys, ages 5 and 7. They just laugh!
    -----------------------------------------------------

There is a reason why God gave us one mouth and two ears!!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Jonny Quest was a prime time cartoon. If I remember right it came on Wednesday night at 7:00pm. When it comes out I'm going to get it because of all memories it brings back. Some day I can watch it with my grandchildren. Now if only they would bring out the 1966 Batmans.
    Quote Quote  
  5. EXCELLENT!!!

These are broadcast late night on Saturdays on Boomerang, I have capped 6 or 7 so far. One of my favorites is the scene where Jonny sets Race free by removing a crossbar from the outside of a door, which then opens IN to the room!!

Loved this show as a kid, and they are still enjoyable. My 6-year old likes them, too.
    Quote Quote  
  6. land of the lost (the krofft one correct) season 1 is finally (actually once again) slated for release sometime this year. Rhino just released the entire set to hr pufnstuf on 3 dvds and land is up next.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am also a big cartoon fan my favorites are BIRDMAN MIGHTOR AND SPACEGHOST AND FINALLY THUNDARR I'm 44 and I watch boomeraction every sunday!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Not to ruin the flashback, but is there any news about releasing the new adventures of Johnny Quest?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Don't you guys watch The Boomerang channel? Currently on that channel:

Jonny Quest
    Frankenstein Jr.
    The Impossibles
    Scooby Doo
    Flinstones
    Jetsons
    Perils of Penelope Pitstop
    Jabber Jaw
    Magilla Gorilla
    Centurions
    Super Friends
    Top Cat
    Cattanooga Cats
    Underdog
    Space Ghost
    Bird Man
    The Herculoids
    Yogi Bear
    Peter Potamus
    3 Musketeers
    Shazzan
    Sealab 2020
    Moby Dick
    Mighty Mightor
    Fantastic 4
    etc.

Starting a compilation disc for several friends who don't get that channel. No commercials on that channel either other than for Cartoon Network or Boomerang...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    phonomas,
    Nothing on Thundarr yet or the New Adventures of JQ but the 1967 Spiderman is schedule to be released.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thanks for the tip youngblood!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Are they uncut and unedited?!? I like the original Jonny Quest but it's VERY non-PC Were there really only 26 eps, it seemed like there were more than that (but maybe not, lots of re-runs and when your a kid you can hardly keep track of such things).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes there were only 26 episodes they were made in 1964. They did however release some of them on VHS and Laserdisc but the first volume LD was cut that is the one with The Robot Spy on them. Boomerangs are not cut though.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I copied all the JQ of 1964 and some of the 1980's and all of the 1990's version on SVCD
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The best thing about this show was the villians are from some unnamed foreign place, with skin color and accents that match nowhere.

Ever heard Adam Corrolla (of Love Line fame) talk about this? Funny to here him go on and on about it.

I've already got this show on VCD from personal recordings, but it'll be great to dump them in the trash and buy a good set finally.

And for all you MAC users out there, using SAFARI right this minute ... gotta say that I like it!
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Favorites...

mine was 7am to 9am, before school.

8:30a - The Monkeys (ok, not cartoon, but sometimes pieces)
    ............"..take the last train to clarksville.."

8:00a - The Little Rascals

7:00a - half hour of different 10min cartoons (Underdog; Hecter Heathclif;
    ............"Clondyke Cat, always gets his mouse" and more)

7:30a - other cartoons. Oh the memories of child-hood :P

How about the super hero's (Tornado man, Baby boy, etc) forget the name.
    -vhelp
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by vhelp

How about the super hero's (Tornado man, Baby boy, etc) forget the name.
    -vhelp

The Mighty Heroes
    http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0060007/

Ralph Bakshi, of Fritz The Cat fame, did that show.

Wacky Races is another one Boomerang shows - one of my earliest cartoon memories along with Underdog

Wish some channel would bring back The Groovy Ghoulies .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I forgot one, "Catch that pigean!!" an evening favorite for me.
    -vhelp
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    (Takes out his Groovie Goolies prerecorded tape)...problem with that show is that it's Filmation and most of the Boomerang content is Hanna Barbera. Too bad, no?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    talking of cartoons (many of which i love) and without wishing to hi-jack thread tho i dont htink i am;

does any know anything about a cartoon (recent) called Yvonn of the Yukon?? (not certain it is spelt right)

but i havent found any reference to it anywhere.

can anyone help?

Thunder- thunder- Thundercats are GO!!!

Zworg2
    Quote Quote  
  21. Loved Groovie Ghoulies. I still have a few of them on my Beta tapes. I also like the fact that the ones i do have where of the actual show and not when they "hosted" it out to other cartoons (although some of those were cool too)
    Quote Quote  
  22. Hey,
    What about Tom Slick and Clutch Cargo. I got a kick out of Clutch Cargo because their lips barely moved while they were talking.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dr. Quest....
    Dr. Quest.....
    AAEEEEEeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii (falls dead)

And what's up with Race??????? No women on that show
    To Be, Or, Not To Be, That, Is The Gazorgan Plan
    Quote Quote  
  24. Think they'll ever bring back Under Dog with his Super Energy Pill hidden in his ring?
    Quote Quote  
  25. Anyone ever watch the Star Trek cartoon series? not a huge trekkie, but the toon was cool. another one was the Flash Gordon series. anyone, anyone...?
    Quote Quote  
  26. "phonomas" i watch the star trek one and the flash gordon cartoon very good Star Trek cartoon I bought them on Laser Disc
    Quote Quote  
  27. cool! are they out on dvd??

BTW, for anyone into mucha lucha:

http://www.uln.com/cgi-bin/vlink/085392762026IE
    Quote Quote  
  28. Groan going to ruin myself but any one remember the Hardy Boys animated series? Not the late 70's but the 1968 or was it 1969 series?

I have seen some stuf that they are thinking of bring out the ST Animated series on DVD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think depending on how well JQ sells you might see alot more HB cartoons coming out on DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In answer to hunsonf, Underdog is on every weekday on Boomerang, complete with the "Underdog super energy pill" sequences. I have to record several episodes for my friend's niece age 5 who is hooked on the show after watching the 3 DVD set...
    Quote Quote