VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I had a question....has anyone tried to do a test capture from the Sony TRV-350 or a similar D8 camera from the AV jacks direct to DV to their computer via the passthrough? Reason I am asking is that I wanted to know if it will capture without losing sync in the audio and video. I did try a test capture over the weekend using the laptop, but unfortuantely it dropped frames seconds after it started (did the same thing when i played a D8 tapes for a DV test capture also) so I will have to wait until I build my new system to test it out (ordered the rest of the parts so they will be arriving later this week! ). My old laptop really isnt capable of capturing video so I will have to wait until then. While it may capture fine starting out, its usually after maybe like 10 minutes or so when most video tends to go out of sync. If this works it could be a viable soulution from the Canopus ADVC-100. Thanks.

VTM
    I have the staff of power, now it's up to me to use it to its full potential to command my life and be successful.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use my sony trv25 passthrough and never any sync problems.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I am using my Sony D8 TRV120 (european model) as a DV passtrough.

I have it permanently connected to my VCR and use it to record from TV and VHS with great results. Never have encountered audio sync issue's with it.
    (Even when there are severe dropouts or total signal loss)
    The good thing is it stabilizes the videosignal which helps a lot to make good captures.
    Quote Quote