VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Like many of you I have 12+ or so years of analog stuff. It is not likely I will get it all transferred to dig. in the next year... (unlike many of you--and I love you--I have a life)... I have heard several things over the years and I would like to know the definitive fact...not opinion..

1) don't rewind and store tails out... (I used to worked for a guy that used to work at a radio staion back in analog tape days...Part of the reason for that rationale seemed to be that it would force you to rewind the tape at least to prevent a glitch at broadcast)

2) fast forward and store tails out...(tape is less tightly wound, resulting in less "print thru" problems...

3) rewind

All of the above store upright, in a ziplock bag away from a resister/vent/outside wall...?

Please include a raionale/link if you feel inclined/qualified to respond...

Please do not respond if you cannot back up your insight...thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I think the questions you are asking are better served at a tape archiving website. But I still have opinions. Store in a dry, clean, temperature stabalized site. exercise the tapes by ff and rw in a good player every 6 months. Transfer to digital format as soon a practical. Just my opinion, no inclination.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bhbuckeye
    ....unlike many of you--and I love you--I have a life...
    People like you make this forum the pleasure it is.

Originally Posted by bhbuckeye
    and I would like to know the definitive fact...not opinion
    Then you're at the wrong place, go find someone who will take your money from you for a professional opinion.
    This is a forum, a place where people share their opinions on personal experience with one goal, to help others in a collective environment.
    Like I say, you seem such a welcome addition, I really, really, really wish I could help you.
    And yes, I'm intentionally leaving out the most obvious emoticon.
    Yep, you guessed right.

And try pick the correct forum next time.
    Newbie might have been more apt....

Post here if you are a newbie / new to VCD,SVCD,DVD and/or you have problem deciding what section your post should be in...
    Just consider it friendly advice, "my opinion" if you like.

Originally Posted by redwudz
    I think the questions you are asking are better served at a tape archiving website. But I still have opinions.
    Your opinions, however valid, are seemingly not welcome.
    Will Hay
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote