VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ever since I installed Alcohol 120% for a single use, all programs are now saying the max burn speed of my burner is 2X, when in fact it's actually 4x! I can't find the problem to this. I uninstalled Alcohol but it's still staying 2X.

I have an LG 4040B DVD burner on Windows XP. Can anyone help me restore my settings (and XP system restore is disabled)? What could have caused this?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    First off, turn system restore back ON, then delete your dvd drive under device manager and re boot. XP should detect again and then see what happens. Also check the firmware and clean out ur registry if u really think alcohol was to blame.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Unfortunately that did not work =\

The last time I had a problem like this, except with a CD burner, was when I installed Virtual Drive. As I understand, Alcohol too supports some form of “virtual” CD-Drive. Alas, I’m cursed when such virtual items are installed on my system
    Quote Quote  
  4. hmm, actually, as odd as this is, apparently there's an issue with my burner and Pine 4X DVD-R discs... Apparently others can only burn at 2X with these discs as well, even on the latest firmware (A302). I could swear I burnt the first one at 4X though... hmmm, oh well.
    Quote Quote