VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello. I´m looking for a camcorder with FireWire capabilities and Sony TRV22 is a very interesting one.
    I like to tape, edit on the computer, and then send it to VHS using the camera. Is that possible using this equipment? Can I send from Sony TRV22 to VHS?
    And also, it is possible to capture FROM VHS to DV?

Thanks in advance

Adrian
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can send it to VHS but not via firewire. You can record to DV if your camera has VCR functionality, which the TRV22 does have.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes with the TRV-22 you can go both ways
    you can capture from VCR ( a tape) convert it to DV
    edit/effects/whatever and then print/export back to tape

Also a nice way to convert 8/hi8 tapes from older cameras
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank you guys, speccialy D_Knife, very clear and precise.
    By the way and for the same price :

1) if the Sony camera is NTSC and my original VHS tapes are PAL, can I send a PAL signal (I own a PAL and NTSC VCR) to the camera and capture to DV anyway? Passtrough capabilities allow me to do this without save to MiniDV?
    2) I have a lot of MiniDV tapes recorded with and old JVC GRV10, no FireWire. Are them already DV format? Is just put them on the Sony and capture them to the computer?

Thanks a lot again
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1 I doubt it
    My trv-22 is PAL and it chokes on a NTSC video signal from my VCR which is multi-format as are most devices here in Oz

2 if they are miniDv tapes then yes they are DV
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    1. no PAL transfer via NTSC cam to VCR and vice versa. All devices have to be in the same system/format.
    2. if video heads on JVC and Sony are perfectly aligned there will be no problem, however if this is not the case you will get blocky artifacts or you won't be able to extract the picture from the tape. Test your new cam be4 you buy with couple of old tapes.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thank you guys!
    Quote Quote