VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to get a Sony TVR33 and all the shopping services are filled with these scam low-lives who don't ship anything unless you buy overpriced accesories. I can't believe how many there are and they're all the same. And they all bump up their ratings by posting cheesy fake feedback. Does anybody know of a good site (like Newegg) that sells bottom dollar camcorders and is reputable? I looked at buydig since they generally do a good job but they don't have it. Also thinking of getting the Canon Optura 20 instead of the Sony, which buydig does have. If you have opinions on that, let me know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've also been thinking about the TRV33, but I still have a doubt whether I should drop more money and get the DVD200...what do you think ?

Thnanks,

Zetti
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I bought my Panasonic PV-GS70 from www.onecall.com
    I paid $630 for it and panasonic lists it at $999. They are an authorized dealer for Sony, Panasonic, etc. and are great to work with. I have sent back items to them and they are easy to work with in that department as well. Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Anywhere you do decide to buy from, check 'em here first:

www.resellerratings.com
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dot not know if this website can be helpful to you ? A couple of DV/AV video capture units from them, http://www.amberycorp.com
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks for the suggestions. It appears when buying a camcorder there is no easy way to get it cheap. the reseller ratings were very informative.
    I ended up getting a used one on ebay. hopefully it works...
    Quote Quote  
  8. B&H (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/ ) has truly excellent prices and also happens to be a REAL store (in NYC). I've shopped there and they sell everything from consumer to uber-professional products and generally know their stuff. I got my Panasonic PV-DV953 (3ccd) there for only $1299 in Jan 2004 (I also picked up an extended warranty b/c these things have many more moving parts than I want to worry about).

They do like to sell additional stuff, but it is not required in any way and their prices are superb. I would recommend a simple UV filter, an extra extended-life battery, and an external microphone no matter what or where you buy your camera. B&H also has great prices on mini-DV tapes (<$4 per for name brand tapes).
    Quote Quote