Multi leve menu in Pinnacle Studio.
I selected different menu for each one so it is clear which one is which. To make it simple I will create 1 main menu and two submenu. Tell you the trought, I never needed more than 2 levels. This is just a guide that can be modified to your needs.
1. Place edited video on timeline.
2. Place 1st "main" menu (M1) at the beginning of timeline. 2nd (M2)right after that one and 3rd (M3) whenever second part of your DVD should start.
Do not let PS add chapters automaticaly
3. Oped first menu in editing mode by doubleclicking on it.
4. Enable displaying of chapter numbers. This way it is easier to see what is happening.
5. Click on first thumbnail picture.
6. Click on top of the 2nd (M2) menu in time line and make sure that scrubber is on the beginning of menu. It should move there automaticaly, but if not... just click on diferent clip and click back on M2.
7. Click on "Create chapter" button (or just press C). This will create link to 2nd menu.
8. Now click on 2nd thumbnail in menu M1.
9. Click on top of the 3rd (M3) menu in time line and repeat step 7.
Now you have main menu that points to two submenus. You can see on thumbnails that they are ponting to M2 and M3.
10. Oped 2nd menu in editing mode by doubleclicking on it and set manualy chapters like in steps 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, but this time instead of selecting menu select clips that are located after 2nd menu. Optionaly (I do this always) you can create link back to first menu by following same steps.
11. Now we need to create return to 2nd menu after clips are finished. So kepp 2nd menu open for editing and click on 3rd menu in time line. This will move scrubber on the beggining of menu 3.
12. But we need to add retun on the end of clips, so in preview window click on "Bacward one frame" button (or press Y).
13. Click on set return (or press M). This will create return to menu 2.
14. Do same in menu M3.
And you are done....
Optional steps are
A. Change texts underneath buttons.
B. In menu select option "", which will make it return back to menu after each clip.
C. Instead of clicking on each thumbnail when you need to add next one you can use "Select next" or "previous" buttons.
D. Change thumbnail picture in menu by selecting it in edit mode, moving scrubber to any part in any video on timeline and pressing button "Set thumbnail".
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
thanks for a great guidektnwin - PATIENCE
But have you managed to burn a DVD which contains a workable menu made by pinnacle Studio 8?
Is it possible to add a soundtrack for the menu' only?
Maybe that loops and do not restart if you choos a sub-menu!
I have a massive problem with Pinnacle Studio 12 DVD Menu creator. I created a DVD Menu with Play and scene selections and every scene is a different chapter. Now everything worked just fine. The only thing is that the Play button is not playing the entire movie!
I tried to manually set the return button to the end of the movie but it just won't let me!! What can I do? What am I doing wrong? Please, help!