VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am using MemoriesonTV to create slideshows and burn them on to DVD. On my DVD player, it plays perfectly. On my parents however, I get the error message. They have two and neither will play it.

I think it is something I am doing wrong in the settings. This is where I hope someone will know the answer. In the advanced settings section, I can choose either 1)Use linear PCM (LPCM) encoding or 2) Use mpeg 1 layer 2 (mp2) encoding.

I have been encoding in the linear PCM mode. Does anyone know if this is why it wont play on the other DVD players? I am hoping it is that simple.

Thank you for any help
    Quote Quote  
  2. anything is better than pcm. go with mp2...
    How Big A Boy Are Ya?
    Quote Quote  
  3. LPCM is supported on all DVD players, while MP2 is supported by all PAL DVD players and some NTSC players. If you are creating a NTSC (US & Japan) DVD, it is safer to go with LPCM.

that is telling me that lpcm is more compatible though?
    Quote Quote  
  4. There are three other possibilities:
    1.Media:try another brand.
    2.Format:try -R and +R(DVD-ROM booktype is best).
    3.First generation DVD players(before 2000) are notorious for not playing CD-R and DVDR,my Toshiba SD1200 would only play pressed discs.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Im using a pretty generic -R but I never knew that manufacturer had anything to do with compatability. I have heard that -R is the most widely acceptable format. What, then, would be the best manufacturer? I've never heard of DVD-ROM booktype?? thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes -R is more compatible(no flame war please) but DVD-ROM is most compatible.Several DVD writers support bitsetting:Ricoh,HP,BenQ,Lite-On and Nu Tech.
    What brand media are you using? Better yet download DVDINFOPRO and find the manufacturer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The brand and model of player has EVERYTHING to do with compatabilty

https://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVDname=&svcd=1&Submit2=Search&Search=Search&vi...wall=0&order=0
    Quote Quote  
  8. model of my DVD burner is plextor PX708A

funny thing is, the DVDs I made play just fine on my cheap $50 dvd player thats hooked up to my tv, however, wont play on either of my Dads expensive JVC units
    Quote Quote  
  9. Cannonball888 made a good point,call your Dad and ask what model his players are.Then check the DVD player forum or have him do it.
    Here's a simple test:make a VCD or audio CD on a CD-R,if neither will play then only pressed discs(store bought) will.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I know this will sound strange, but part of my confusion comes from the fact that last week I made a home movie from my DV camcorder and put it on a DVD and it plays on his player just fine.

I was using Roxio for that process. I made both DVDs with the same system and same media disks, just different software :/
    Quote Quote  
  11. Does MemoriesonTV give you the option to export the project to DVD Files or an ISO?If so use Roxio(DVD Files) or DVDDecrypter(ISO) to burn.
    Quote Quote  
  12. yes it does, you can create the video and burn it within or just create and save the dvd files to your hd. I save the files to my HD then burn them to dvd using Roxio. The only thing I can think of is that LPCM thing. But hell, Im totally out of ideas
    Quote Quote