VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 61 to 79 of 79
Thread
  1. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    1) a new standard has been set for maturity developed in nearly half a century. you sound, spell and act like a hostile teenager.

    2) vcdhelp posters are so easy to goad.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member jaxxboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    JAX, FL
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by drewson99
    1) a new standard has been set for maturity developed in nearly half a century. you sound, spell and act like a hostile teenager.

    2) vcdhelp posters are so easy to goad.
    You forgot your capital letters when beginning a sentance. Keep trying though, you may get better with my help buddy.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. For calling me buddy.

    Quote Quote  
  4. did anyone else notice that the 7$ deal for them was a one per customer only? i had a fight with the manager in one store about it, because i came to the register with like 14 packs of them.
    I told him i saw it online and it mentioned nothing about any limitation, nor did the flyier for them. So we settled and i got 4 packs instead.

    but the best part of all is when i went there when they were 14$, and i picked up 14 of them. The cashier only rang me up for ONE SET!!!!!. So i ended up with 140 blanks for $16 arrrrggh the life of a pirate
    Quote Quote  
  5. I had no idea there was a limit on how many you could buy. lol.. Oh we'll I'm glad I got mine and got out before they started thinking.
    Quote Quote  
  6. stores can always limit quantities on sale items, especially these office supply places. it always depends on your individual store. as a side note, when a sale is very popular, corporate usually sends out a letter to all of the branches telling them to limit quantities.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I believe they must at least say in the ad that they will limit quanities, or at the very least in the fine print of the ad. Not positive, and it varies from state to state.

    And in some states it's actually illegal for them to limit quanities even if the ad says limit one. They just hope your too dumb or uninformed to know the law, so they'll try whatever they can get away with.
    Quote Quote  
  8. actually they are (were) limited one per customer on the website too (although not stated). It gives you a coupon number to use in the final checkout for that sale price, but upon entering it, it only deducted the $2 for one set and not however many else you did buy (and it would only let you use the coupon once). I suppose you could just do 12 seperate orders, but with shipping, etc you would end up paying so much more in the long run.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by mazinz
    did anyone else notice that the 7$ deal for them was a one per customer only? i had a fight with the manager in one store about it, because i came to the register with like 14 packs of them.
    I told him i saw it online and it mentioned nothing about any limitation, nor did the flyier for them. So we settled and i got 4 packs instead.

    but the best part of all is when i went there when they were 14$, and i picked up 14 of them. The cashier only rang me up for ONE SET!!!!!. So i ended up with 140 blanks for $16 arrrrggh the life of a pirate
    That cashier must have been a complete moron and later fired.
    Quote Quote  
  10. quite possible on the state to state business, but i know for a fact that all of these office supply places print that disclaimer on all of their ads wherever it's applicable, and i've seen it in pa and ny ads. but, again, it's the store's decision ultimately.

    Originally Posted by Lobe
    I believe they must at least say in the ad that they will limit quanities, or at the very least in the fine print of the ad. Not positive, and it varies from state to state.

    And in some states it's actually illegal for them to limit quanities even if the ad says limit one. They just hope your too dumb or uninformed to know the law, so they'll try whatever they can get away with.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I got one pack of TDK DVD-R then went back later with someone to get more but they were all out so they substituted them with Sony DVD-R.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member jaxxboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    JAX, FL
    Search Comp PM
    Sony is quite the good media now. Ive always said, its better to have them sold out and then you end up getting a substitute which is usually much better quality, usually<---key word.
    Quote Quote  
  13. a note that all of the packs i bought online just arrived and are stamped made in taiwan and are RICOH coded.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member jaxxboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    JAX, FL
    Search Comp PM
    scopophilia
    How long did it take you to get them delivered?
    Quote Quote  
  15. i ordered them sunday afternoon; they arrived this afternoon via ups. since staples has its own courier in some places and some distribution centers are farther away than others, your mileage may vary on that one. best of luck in your burning pursuits.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I got mine today also label made in tawain. I ordered 16 packs and they are Ricohs....
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member jaxxboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    JAX, FL
    Search Comp PM
    LOL, seems a lot of people are stacking up on dvd discs. I still have over 70 dvd's from office max massive sale of 100 for $30.00 of the no names and ended up getting the imation 4x ricoh as substitutes. I did drop in OM and get their 100 cdr discs free after rebates. I dont use cd's that much, but 100 after $20.00 rebate is a no brainer!! Dual burners are just down the road, possibly even a month or 2 away and I think the single layers discs will be heavily discounted more and more.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member shelbyGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Kansas City, KS
    Search Comp PM
    I went to staples, they are all out.
    The website doesn't let you get the discounted price.

    Guess I'll wait till next time. Or I could buy something online... I guess.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Get Slack disturbed1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    init 4
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jaxxboss
    Dual burners are just down the road, possibly even a month or 2 away and I think the single layers discs will be heavily discounted more and more.
    100% agree.

    Seeing how CD burners are ~$10 on sale now, and DVD burners are $50-60. Once the next wave hits (12x/16x) 8x burners will still be pretty new technology.

    I bought a 40x CD burner not too long ago. It was setting in between a 32x and a 48x, all for the same price, with a higher priced 52x down the aisle.

    Funny thing is, I don't plan on buying any more burners until dual layer - R arrives. My A05s are fast enough, and my 1x LF-D311s are still kicking :P

    The OEM price on blank media keeps falling and falling. I'm guessing online stores will see $0.50/each for good 4x media, with a slow phase out of 1x media by mid year. Should translate into $40-$30 100 packs with rebates at the brick and mortars.

    Before long CDR and DVDR prices will be the same (minus rebate ) since more manufactorers are converting over to DVD productions, and concentrating less and less on CD media.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads