VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have successfully burned a VCD with still images. The VCD works fine on my PC using PowerDVD, however it won't run on my home DVD player, which does not seem to recognise the format, although it is supposed to read VCDs, SVCDs, and support PBC.
    - I have tried VCD and SVCD formats
    - I have tried both high and low resolution images
    - My home DVD player seems to work fine with VCDs produced by other commercial packages (Photo2VCD pro)

Any ideas on how to set up VCDEasy so that it works with my DVD player (Thomson DTH 5000 x) ? My primary need is to have a solution for reviewing digital photos on my TV using my VD player.

Help would be greatly appreciated !
    Quote Quote  
  2. Did you try with a CD-RW ? Some home DVD Players seems to read fine commercial VideoCDs and CD-RW, but not CD-Rs...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes, I did try using CD-RW. My next tentative will be to use CD-R, which I have not tried yet.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You should also try to use another application (like CdrWin or Nero 6) to burn the CD image files (BIN/CUE) generated by VCDEasy... to see...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by yves.martelle
    I have successfully burned a VCD with still images. The VCD works fine on my PC using PowerDVD, however it won't run on my home DVD player, which does not seem to recognise the format, although it is supposed to read VCDs, SVCDs, and support PBC.
    - I have tried VCD and SVCD formats
    - I have tried both high and low resolution images
    - My home DVD player seems to work fine with VCDs produced by other commercial packages (Photo2VCD pro)

Any ideas on how to set up VCDEasy so that it works with my DVD player (Thomson DTH 5000 x) ? My primary need is to have a solution for reviewing digital photos on my TV using my VD player.

Help would be greatly appreciated !
    It sounds like you are having the same problems that I am having. See my post "Help! Interavtivity does not work". I also know that my player has PBC because I have been successful also with commericial authoring software. Did you ever find out what the problem was?
    Quote Quote  
  6. thephoto vcd has been made without the pbc function.. i have a jvc standalone dvd player. if i hold my finger on the stop button i have 2 choices s(vcd) or rgb . if i choose s(vcd) pbc mode comes in the display and the photo vcd works. look inyour standalone dvd player handbook on the pbc mode.

i hope that helps
    Quote Quote