VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/9109

free download, works for 30 days.

i use the older version for dvd9's that contain both a W/S & F/S version of the movie on the same disc. i just ditch the F/S version and its always under the size of a DVD5, and i can keep all the extra's, audio tracks, subs etc without even touching the quality. its really simple too..

aside from that i've kinda been converted over to dvdshrink now, and away from dvd2one..

hopefully this program can rival or surpass dvdshrink and become the one and only program i use for transcoding.. i'm sure elby is hoping that too..
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by jeex
    hopefully this program can rival or surpass dvdshrink and become the one and only program i use for transcoding.. i'm sure elby is hoping that too..
    ...and they also hope you're gonna BUY it this time (for a change)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by tompika
    ...and they also hope you're gonna BUY it this time (for a change)
    i pay for all my software, and i encourage everyone else to do so.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jeex
    Oh, I'm sorry then...

Ooops...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by tompika
    Originally Posted by jeex
    Oh, I'm sorry then...

Ooops...
    i said MY software. this xp isnt mine, i'm just using it
    Quote Quote  
  6. its out!

pick up your fully function 30 day sneak preview copy at

http://elby.ch
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i said MY software. this xp isnt mine, i'm just using it

BUSTED! :P

One down, 1000 at this forum to go.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Did anyone try it yet?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DL it and installed it. Bkup'd a probm DVD I had that neither DVDshrink nor cloneDVD was able to do correctly. Luv it.

see attach for probm DVD

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=818633#818633

Seems to be a great update to the original cloneDVD

May become my goto software for DVD encoding and burning.

It allow u to select the burn speed, has preview when encoding (like shrink), a working quality bar at the bottom, removes layer breaks, not test with a direct DVD rip so can not tell if it bypass copy protection (I already ripped disc to HD using DVDdecrypter). Theres other options I havent tested yet, but for basic encoding and burns it is solid.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I have NOT used CloneDVD. The following comments are from the Digtial Digest Forum:

DVDShrink has a lot of features CloneDVD doesn't have...
    - set order titles ( tile 1 followed by title 22 followed by title 16 for example)
    - audio & subtitle default stream (when no menu kept)
    - force the compression level of some titles
    - Chapter cutting function is limited compared to DVDShrink
    - preview with no sound...

Can anyone verify the above?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by joepic
    I have NOT used CloneDVD. The following comments are from the Digtial Digest Forum:

DVDShrink has a lot of features CloneDVD doesn't have...
    - set order titles ( tile 1 followed by title 22 followed by title 16 for example)
    - audio & subtitle default stream (when no menu kept)
    - force the compression level of some titles
    - Chapter cutting function is limited compared to DVDShrink
    - preview with no sound...

Can anyone verify the above?
    Without combing through it feature by feature that sounds about right. However I have tested a few movies with it and I must say its compression quaity seems VERY nice.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I've done the tests and posted my reports here. The old version of clonedvd Vs shrinkdvd resulting in Clone giving nicer results. However my findings were ignored due to some ignorant people.

From what I've seen this version is better than the old clone thus is even more better than Shrink dvd 8) 8)
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Ingram
    From what I've seen this version is better than the old clone thus is even more better than Shrink dvd 8) 8)
    Well, for 50 bucks its expected to be better
    Quote Quote  
  14. CloneDVD2 and "Once Upon A Time In Mexico"
    I've been experimenting with CloneDVD2, most recently with the US release of "Once Upon A Time In Mexico".
    The dvd was ripped to the hard drive with the latest DVDDeCryptor program - then processed using CloneDVD2 - selecting the main movie titles, dolby digital soundtracks & english subtitles (so the subtitles show up in the spanish speaking scenes - which works fine).
    CloneDVD2 said it had successfully removed the layer break code, and since the source vob's fit on a dvd-5, no transcoding would be necessary.
    But it still inserted a flaw in the picture shortly after the 32 minute mark in the movie (the shooting scene in the church) - the entire picture color distorts, almost as if it was going into a negative picture - very briefly. There is another spot afterwards where the picture hesitates/jumps - I think this might be the layer break area. These flaws exist in the vob's saved by CloneDVD2 on the hard disc also - so they were introduced by the CloneDVD2 internal process - not the burn.
    The rest of the movie backup looks excellent - but this program still has some issues, it would seem.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Have to disagree with the above the quality on the 3 movies i have backed up with clonedvd 2 are exellent................
    Quote Quote  
  16. There's nothing to agree or disagree with. I'm not bashing Clonedvd2 - just stating some facts for folks to know about. The program, in fact, inserted these flaws. If you want, try duplicating my experiment with the exact same title and tell me if you get different results, because I would love to find out I did something wrong and can change something and generate perfect backups every time with this product.
    Quote Quote