VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Easiest:
    1. Rip the DVD to your HDD with DVDFab Decrypter(free) or install ANyDVD and you don't have to rip.
    2. Convert the DVD to MP3 or wav with DVD Audio Extractor or DVD to WAV/MP3 tools.

Using free programs:
    1. Rip the DVD to your HDD with DVDFab Decrypter.
    2. Use avidemux, load the first main movie vob file(first 1gb vob), choose audio->encoder, choose mp3 lame and last save under audio->save. Done.

Using free programs 2:
    Use DVD Decrypter to demux / strip out the audio to an AC3 file and then convert it to wav with for example Goldwave or Belight or DAudioK, see http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/136/59/

or just google for "dvd to wav". And you only have to rip with Dvdfab Decrypter/AnyDVD if you are copying from a commercial dvd. You can convert directly from home made DVDs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    add to the list hypercube transcoder for ac3 and dts to wav conversion

http://hypercubemx.free.fr/
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Massbit, stop spamming the boards, you have 19 posts all saying exactly the same thing.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    how many Hours can you get on a MP3 CD?
    im going to be burning to a cd-r
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Depends on the bit rate used, (and the length of the songs of course!) but 150-200 songs on a regular CD is reasonable to expect.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rainmanva
    how many Hours can you get on a MP3 CD?
    im going to be burning to a cd-r
    Using 128 kbits audio you can get around 12 hours on a 700 MB CDR/W ( 128 / 8 = 16 kbyte/s, 700MB * 1024 = 716500 kb / 16kb / 60 sec = 746 minutes = 12.4 hours)
    Quote Quote  
  7. GaryYoung i.e. Massbit you have been banned once for spamming, and yet you reregister and continue to spam. This is a good way to get your software a bad name on these forums, oh well
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have tried a couple of the tools mentioned in the first post of this thread but none of them so far can rip the sound from a DVD-Audio. I even got a message from one of the tools saying that it cannot handle audio-only "tracks".

Would there be something else I could use?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    For a stripped down analogue option you could hook up the audio outputs to your soundcard. Then record the audio. You'll lose the high res audio (stereo only) but you'll be able to make a cd or mp3's out of it.

Downside: Realtime recording is needed
    Kevin
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Sylvain
    I have tried a couple of the tools mentioned in the first post of this thread but none of them so far can rip the sound from a DVD-Audio. I even got a message from one of the tools saying that it cannot handle audio-only "tracks".

Would there be something else I could use?
    Yeah DVD-AUDIO uses CSS2 encryption and hasn't been cracked yet,recording analog is your only option.

BTW...there's also a watermark hidden in the "noise floor" which might be audible if copied.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    MOVIEGEEK-Yeah DVD-AUDIO uses CSS2 encryption and hasn't been cracked yet,recording analog is your only option
    Well, looks like that's TWO votes for analog dubbing (mine being the first ).

I was wondering though, you may get 5.1 non high res if you have a fiber optic input soundcard (is this possible with dvd-audio??)
    Kevin
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for all the quick help, much appreciated.

As I am not interested in going through an analogue connection, I have ripped the DVD-Video portion of the DVD-Audio instead (same stuff with less resolution/sampling rate). Given that I am ripping to MP3 for a portable device, the DVD-Video sound quality will be more than enough (I think).

In order to keep the file size to reasonable amount, I used "DVD Audio Extractor" (v 2.0.1) and 128 kbps average bitrate for the rip. However, the sound quality is very poor (as in not acceptable).

As 128 kbps is usually fine (especially for a portable device), there's got to be something wrong with the software (or the individual using it).

Is DVD Audio Extractor the culprit or is it something I did?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

as an absolutly newbie i had the same question,

Found this here in the tool source " http://www.divax.it/programmi.asp?file=Ac3%20Tool"

Easy fast and for me good quality no panic the prog is in english

Rippel
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the tip, I'll have to look into it.

Since then, I have found that my problem was with the "bit rate" selection I had made. It was as simple as selecting fixed bit rate rather than "average".

I must say though that even with the right setting the sound quality was not quite as good as regular MP3s; it seemed as if there was no low frequencies and the volume was much lower than the regular MP3s.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  15. How can I convert AC3 to Wav 6 channels, there is some other tool that I can use it instead of Be Sweet (I 'm not capable to use it, it doesn't start, perhaps I'm an idiot)?
    And what do you think about the MP3 5.1?
    Quote Quote  
  16. @Hyper Shinchan,
    AC3Tool
    Quote Quote  
  17. Thank you MOVIEGEEK
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I’m new here. I use Smartripper to rip a concert DVD audio to AC3. And PX3 from AC3 to MP3. However MP3 is a big chunk of one concert song in MP3. Is there any freeware and guide to split them into individual track?

Have also tried GoldWave trial. One disadvantage is you need to buy it. Also it is unable to split into individual track which I desire ( I mean it can do the splitting but some track is splitting wrongly. I need a freeware and a guide to do easy splitting. Is there any ? Also the guide by Brendan Kidwell on the excel to do the splitting is very difficult for a newbie like me. Is there a easier one ?

Thanks

Regards
    Steve
    Quote Quote  
  19. c1steady,
    Try Audacity.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by c1steady
    Hi

I’m new here. I use Smartripper to rip a concert DVD audio to AC3. And PX3 from AC3 to MP3. However MP3 is a big chunk of one concert song in MP3. Is there any freeware and guide to split them into individual track?

Have also tried GoldWave trial. One disadvantage is you need to buy it. Also it is unable to split into individual track which I desire ( I mean it can do the splitting but some track is splitting wrongly. I need a freeware and a guide to do easy splitting. Is there any ? Also the guide by Brendan Kidwell on the excel to do the splitting is very difficult for a newbie like me. Is there a easier one ?

Thanks

Regards
    Steve
    How does one know which files to rip and which ones not to rip using SmartRipper? I have the DVD ready to go but it says that it's going to require an insane amount of HDD space to rip the audio when really it should only be using around 200 mb or so. With video it's >5 gb in size.
    Quote Quote  
  21. I have the Any DVD Converter Professional that I use to rip audio off of my DVD Live Concerts to MP3 format. You can change the audio bitrate from 128kbps to 192kbps to 224kbps to 384kbps. A friend told me the higher the better the sound quality and I was wanting to know if that is true, because it seems when I set it to 128 or 192 sounds best. I think I'm going to set at the 128 or 192 unless someone knows different.

What is the best bit rate to set DVD concerts to MP3 or WAV ? I forgot the other format.
    Last edited by tcory; 19th Feb 2011 at 19:33.
    Quote Quote  
  22. I have 128 kbps mp3 content that I want to put on an audio CD to play in a CD player. Does it have to be converted to 16 bit 44,100 Hz wav, or can lesser sampling frequency or bitrate .wav be used?
    Quote Quote  
  23. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    mukluk909: WHat does this have to with this topic? Nothing. Create a new thread.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use AVS (cheap) to convert my dvds (usually to MPEG).
    If it is copy protected I have DVD43 (free) installed on my PC that tells AVS to ignore the copy protection.

I then import the MPEG or AVI into vegas or similar NLE and the soundtrack is there as a seperate file to do what you will with!
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To extract DVD to WAV you only need DVD Decrypter.

1. Options > IFO Mode
    - On Startup > Enable Stream Processing
    - Options > File Splitting "By Chapter"
    - Click OK

2. Mode > IFO

3. DVD Decrypter main window > "Stream Processing" tab.
    - Deselect "Video" stream, check only "Audio".
    - Click on the "Audio" stream to highlight it, select "Demux" under Stream

4. Decrypt.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's an old discussion but since it's sticky... this is the best software to extract audio from DVDs: http://www.dvdae.com/
    Quote Quote  
  27. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jHoNDoE View Post
    It's an old discussion but since it's sticky... this is the best software to extract audio from DVDs: http://www.dvdae.com/
    DO you work for them? Why grave dig a 3 year old thread.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Since it's sticky I wanted to point out what's my fav for audio extraction from DVD. No lol I don't work for them

It just works and people may find it useful since it's still the best from before this thread was created.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by jHoNDoE View Post
    ... this is the best software to extract audio from DVDs: http://www.dvdae.com/
    Why on earth would I pay for software to do this task, when you can do it easily for free?

See here: http://www.pazera-software.com/products/audio-extractor/
    Quote Quote