VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi All,

I've got a Sony SCR-130e that is a miniDV cam.

It records audio in stereo by way of a dual microphone on the front of the unit.

Unsurprisingly, in large open rooms (like in a church), or outside the voices of the subjects - because they're at a distance - is quiet and echoey, and it is easily overpowered by noise nearer the cam.

What can I do to sort this? I was thinking of some kind of boom mic (or small equivalent on a stand). Can I plug it straight in to the camera (I believe there's an audio in port)? Is it that simple?

For the clever ones who are tempted to say "get closer", I'm asking about situations where this isn't possible (like a wedding etc.).

Cheers.
    There is some corner of a foreign field that is forever England: Telstra Stadium, Sydney, 22/11/2003.

Carpe diem.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I used wireless mics at my wedding and at my bother in laws wedding. I rented them from a local camera shop. Well worth the $10 a day
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i got sony ms908c microphone. mounts on to of the camera and plug right in. Best investment I ever made.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @ stiltman
    Cheers for the info - I hadn't thought of those. Anybody know where I can get hold of them in the UK?

@ troyvcd1
    Thanks for the info. I've had a look at a picture of mic / cam assembly - does it really pick up the sound that well? I was thinking that the mic(s) would have to be nearer...?
    There is some corner of a foreign field that is forever England: Telstra Stadium, Sydney, 22/11/2003.

Carpe diem.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
    Quote Quote