VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    can anyone help I bought a sony DRU-510A used DVDXCOPYxpress and had no problems doing a backup using simple mode but when I went to advanced mode it would decrept and shrink the DVD but when It went to burn it came up with CANNOT OPEN CDR INTERFACE and then SELECTED INTERFACE NOT SUPPORTED and now even when I try to burn in simple mode it will come up with the same errors. Even after uninstalling and trying again it will not work and the same thing happens with all copy programs now any suggestions on what it has deleted or stuffed up
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    dvd xcopy series is meant to be an easy one-click backup solution. After reading other posts, there doesn't seem to be any feedback from tech support and there also isn't a help guide or manual, only a demo on their main page. You should look at some of the other tools on this site and reconsider using another backup software. I have like 5 or 6 because I mainly use Instant Copy 8, but sometimes it doesn't report the correct destination size and stops burning at the 98% mark! Very frustrating!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for that you are totally right I have tried that but it still wont pick up the burner it must have stuffed up the drivers or something else that I have not got enough knowledge of may have to format the harddrive to fix. THANKS FOR THAT
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hey,

I have the same burner, SONY DRU 510a. And I have used both DVDXcopy and xcopy express and have never had a problem with either. But like the other person mentioned, it is an all in one encoder/ripper that has very limited capabilities.

I HIGHLY HIGHLY suggest you just return your xcopy express (if you bought it) and try DVD Shrink, if you haven't already. Not only is it absolutely FREE, but I would swear that the quality is better.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for that
    Quote Quote