VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi all,

After reading gr8 things about the epson r300 and after searching the entire planet to find one, i am now the proud wner of an epson r300. Initially, i am very impressed with the prints i have achieved but have a few questions for any other owners of the r300.

Firstly, there is a piece of paper (maybe packaging) underneath where the ink heads rest when the printer is resting or powered down. Since having the printer, the piece of paper has seemed to soak up quite a bit of ink, so i am just wondering if the paper should be removed.

Secondly, if u imagine where u place the dvd tray, as your looking into the printer from the front, to the left of the tray, there is a small area of foam. On my printer, there are 3 distinct seperate lines of ink, vertically going down, in the order of black, green(ish), and red(ish). If i touch the lines, theyare soaked with a LOT of ink. Is this normal, because it seems like quite a waste to me?

Lastly, the feeders that pull the paper or tray in and out, the white and grey ones that u can see when u open the top, have got ink on them which makes marks on the media as it is being moved. Is this normal?

Just a few strange things that i hope someone can help me out with. Thanks 4 reading. Bye Bye
    Quote Quote  
  2. mine doesnt have any ink that leaks on any of the rollers or inside anyhwere, you may have installed the cartridge too loose or something or the printer is defective
    Quote Quote  
  3. no leaking here either...and your problem certainly isn't supposed to happen!

maybe its time to exchange it?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Most Epsons "park" the heads in a manner to avoid the heads drying out.

My Photo 870 has what looks like a felt pad under the head in its static position, and this is used in the head cleaning process - so needless to say that's been saturated with ink by now.

Before you assume it's packing material, you may want to make sure it's not supposed to be there, since ripping it out my bugger your print jobs up AND invalidate your warranty.

Perhaps a jaunt down to your local PC superstore on an investigative mission is called for ? Or even better, drop Epson a line by e-mail - their service was very good the last time I had call to contact them.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are you talking about the white piece of paper that had the blue tape attached to it? That should have been taken out. That is used when packaging the printer.
    Quote Quote  
  6. hey, my R300 does the same exact thing! cmsbfent, have you found anything out?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Firstly, there is a piece of paper (maybe packaging) underneath where the ink heads rest when the printer is resting or powered down.
    If you’re referring to the tray that holds the ink cartridges, there was a piece of paper in there when I unpacked it. I removed that piece of paper. I've had no leaks. If you left that paper in the ink cartridge tray, it may be enough to cause the ink cartages to be out of proper alignment and not seat correctly when installed.

What I can't do is find a template for printing business cards. The Epson setup does not include this option. Course less I'm blind
    Geronimo
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Redd
    Firstly, there is a piece of paper (maybe packaging) underneath where the ink heads rest when the printer is resting or powered down.
    If you’re referring to the tray that holds the ink cartridges, there was a piece of paper in there when I unpacked it. I removed that piece of paper. I've had no leaks. If you left that paper in the ink cartridge tray, it may be enough to cause the ink cartages to be out of proper alignment and not seat correctly when installed.
    Is there any way that you could take a photo of where the paper was by adding an arrow via photoshop or whatever? I *think* that I removed all of the paper that I was supposed to when I first unpacked everything. was it big, or a little piece? I think that the only piece that I removed was a big piece that was covering the entire cartridge carrier, I don't remember any little ones inside...

thanks for your help :P
    Quote Quote