VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone ....

I have a Frustrating problem....
    I downloaded a DVD rip Video with Japanese subtitle ..... now i can't see them they are hidden by the edge of Tv ... i am converting them with Tmpgenc i really dunno what to do to mek it Fit perfectly just like in my PC ....

& some have japanese banner in the down but they are half hidden by the sides sometimes.... Help me please thank you so much

is there somekinda setting in tmpgenc i tryed 16:9 i tryed almost every possibility ... please.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's caused by a TV phenomenon called Overscan. The edges of the picture are not displayed on a TV. You could add some black borders top and bottom to adjust for this. (It's sloppy DivX encoding to begin with to put the subs at the edge of the picture...)

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  3. how do i Add a BLack border ?? like you said?? ... will the image finally fit in the screen?....

like will i see the channel (icon on top also?) that means it would be perftly fit.....
    thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I usually do this kind of processing in VirtualDub (Resize filter) or AviSynth (resize)
    Here are some screen shots when resizing to PAL VCD, adding 16 px top&bottom, 8 px left&right.

I've changed the border color to yellow to make the added borders show better

Then I frame serve to TMPGEnc. The same thing can be done with AviSynth script.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  5. try changing the aspect ratio in tmpgenc - but dont use 1:1vga or full screen( keep aspect ratio) - u need to make the aspect ratio smaller so that it fits on ur tv screen. use preview in tmpgenc before u burn.
    Quote Quote