VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok i am on the market to but a new Camcorder that allows me to record the signal from my VCR to the Camcorder.... I now some Sonys allow that but i like a suggestion on which to buy..

Currently looking at the 19, 22, and 33 from sony
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I thought all did? All the ones I've seen do. The analog outputs also recieve input.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    snake92069,

it's not really clear what you wanna do.

A) - record to miniDV tape, all your commercial VHS tapes ??
    .......could it be because of MV ??

B) - R U looking for pass-through feature ??

C) - Just looking for casual VCR-to-DV_CAM feature ??

But, what else do you want to do ??
    And, what's your goal w/ a DV_CAM ??

-vhelp
    Quote Quote  
  4. well i like to record my vhs tapes(Japan And Korean Music Videos) and my replays from my games (GT3 and HALO)... i used a sony from school once and it worked to do this but the canon i have only allows audio to be recorded
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do a search through this forum for "Pass Through". I'm also beginning to believe that if a "Sony" unit has both Composite In/Out and iLInk (firewire) it will do analog pass through. I have a TRV-740 and didn't think mine had it because it was not specifically stated in the spec's. Once i did some research and read the *&^%$#(*&% manual I found it and it works perfect. I couldn'e be happier. See some of the posts I've made to this forum.

Hope this helps
    "Technology",...It's what keeps us all moving forward.
    Quote Quote