VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok i am on the market to but a new Camcorder that allows me to record the signal from my VCR to the Camcorder.... I now some Sonys allow that but i like a suggestion on which to buy..

Currently looking at the 19, 22, and 33 from sony
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I thought all did? All the ones I've seen do. The analog outputs also recieve input.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    snake92069,

it's not really clear what you wanna do.

A) - record to miniDV tape, all your commercial VHS tapes ??
    .......could it be because of MV ??

B) - R U looking for pass-through feature ??

C) - Just looking for casual VCR-to-DV_CAM feature ??

But, what else do you want to do ??
    And, what's your goal w/ a DV_CAM ??

-vhelp
    Quote Quote  
  4. well i like to record my vhs tapes(Japan And Korean Music Videos) and my replays from my games (GT3 and HALO)... i used a sony from school once and it worked to do this but the canon i have only allows audio to be recorded
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do a search through this forum for "Pass Through". I'm also beginning to believe that if a "Sony" unit has both Composite In/Out and iLInk (firewire) it will do analog pass through. I have a TRV-740 and didn't think mine had it because it was not specifically stated in the spec's. Once i did some research and read the *&^%$#(*&% manual I found it and it works perfect. I couldn'e be happier. See some of the posts I've made to this forum.

Hope this helps
    "Technology",...It's what keeps us all moving forward.
    Quote Quote