VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Both of my JVC s-video out players were giving me problems one showing random noise in playback and the other JVC pro causing some jitter on playback. I tried two problem tapes on the Mitsubishi and playback is perfect. The model number of this player/recorder is model HS-U748, anyone here also have the same recorder?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Bob, didn't you just buy the JVC unit? I'm curious because I think I just bought the same one, SRV10U. the picture is great, but on certain parts of bad tapes, it "flickers" on top, and causes stuttering in the capture.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by qlizard
    Bob, didn't you just buy the JVC unit? I'm curious because I think I just bought the same one, SRV10U. the picture is great, but on certain parts of bad tapes, it "flickers" on top, and causes stuttering in the capture.
    Yes I bought a refurb SRV10U about three months ago. It did just fine up until a few weeks ago when it started in with the vertical jitter thing. Thing is not all tapes would bring out this jitter (about 50/50). Also I noticed that tapes recorded in EP where terrible on the JVC while my three year old Sony played them back without problems.

I went down to "The Good Guys" (yes I know not the best place to buy anything) today intent on buying yet another JVC and discovered they also had the Mitsubishi so not being all that hot to buy another JVC I bought it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I had been thinking about getting that Mitsubishi for a few weeks now. After reading about the good results you had, I've just ordered one online from surplusmax.com for $92 shipped. Comes with a 30 day money back guarantee.
    Quote Quote