VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    This might be coming with MacTheRipper 2.0, stay tuned...
    I like systems, their application excepted. (George Sand, translated from French), "J'aime beaucoup les systèmes, le cas d'application excepté."
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by WiseWeasel
    This might be coming with MacTheRipper 2.0, stay tuned...
    Its fun being in charge of an application that people like, isn't it? 8)
    If it isn't broken, take it apart and find out why.
    blog: deadsierra
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You talkin' to me? I'm hardly "in charge" of anything, I am merely a facilitator . . . Geezerbutts is taking this project where he wants it to go, as he does all the coding for it.
    I like systems, their application excepted. (George Sand, translated from French), "J'aime beaucoup les systèmes, le cas d'application excepté."
    Quote Quote  
  4. Master of my domain thoughton's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zorankarapancev
    I have never had a problem converting Region 1 DVD's to Region 0, so they can play anywere in the world. I have a problem (and for that matter so does everybody else that has raised this question on several threads on this forum) converting Region 2 DVD's to Region 0 (or Region 1) , and untill somebody will call with the solution to THIS problem ( I am talking about Mac computers) it will stay as an unresolved challenge. In my best knowledge, there is no Mac software that completely and with full satisfaction adresses this question.

Untill then, the platform of choice for converting Region 2 DVD's will be PC.
    I don't mean to be rude but this is total rubbish :P

I live in Europe, and I've converted at least 50 region 2 DVDs to region 0 using a mac, all using the regular tools (DVDBackup back on Jaguar, 0sex and MTK on Panther, DVD2OneX, and Toast). I have yet to encounter a disc that has given me problems.

Please note that my drive has NOT been updated to be region free. Also I have frequently read that RCE protection ONLY exists on region 1 discs (no idea if this is true or not though).

Hope this helps,
    Quote Quote  
  5. I don't mean to be rude but this is total rubbish
    You should read the postings from the other members on this forum carefuly before you make any statement like this one.

Nobody claim that EVERY Region 2 DVD disc is a problematic. The fact that you didn't come yet to disc that will challenge our regular Mac tools doesn't give you the right to categoricaly give statements like the one I quote from your posting.

Hope this helps,
    No, unfortunately, it doesn't help at all.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Master of my domain thoughton's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You should read the postings from the other members on this forum carefuly before you make any statement like this one.
    Okaaaay. Clearly I've touched a nerve. My apologies.

Nobody claim that EVERY Region 2 DVD disc is a problematic.
    The problem here is that this is _exactly_ what you've claimed. Allow me to refresh your memory:

I have a problem (and for that matter so does everybody else that has raised this question on several threads on this forum) converting Region 2 DVD's to Region 0 (or Region 1) , and untill somebody will call with the solution to THIS problem ( I am talking about Mac computers) it will stay as an unresolved challenge.
    Untill then, the platform of choice for converting Region 2 DVD's will be PC.
    I'm guessing English isn't your first language, but in the above paragraph you've made a blanket statement that _everyone_ is having problems converting R2 to R0. You've also made another blanket statement that those of us converting R2 to R0 would be better off with a PC. Perhaps this is a typo by you, and all you meant to say was "the platform of choice for converting 'No Man's Land (region 2)' will be PC."

No, unfortinately, it doesn't help at all.
    Methinks I detect a tinge of sarcasm here

Cheers,
    Quote Quote  
  7. The problems I've found are converting a DVD that is not of the region my DVD-ROM is set at. If I'm set at region 1, I have problems converting region 2 and 3. With 2, I have problems with 1 and 3, etc.

Something like DVDDecrypter on the PC grabs the keys a little differently than DVDBackup or OSEx, although I can't exactly tell why OSEx gives me a problem.

That said, Mac The Ripper seems to rip anything I throw at it, no matter what the region. Haven't tried YadeX yet.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    But there are two kinds of region protection. MacTheRipper sets the disc's region code to 0 for region-free, but there is a second kind of region protection on some DVDs called RCE, which MTR doesn't remove at this time, and which YadeX apparently has some problems with. For now, the only Mac-based solution for RCE removal is YadeX (when it works), or you have to use IFOEdit or something in VirtualPC. MacTheRipper 2.0 will most likely have RCE removal, and might see the light of day in the not-too-distant future.
    Quote Quote  
  9. To thoughton:

1. Yes, you touched my nerve and I accept your apologie.
    2. Your quote: "The problem here is that this is _exactly_ what you've claime."
    No, I didn't claim that. I said: "...and for that matter so does everybody else that has raised this question on several threads on this forum".
    Accent is on "THIS" question, and not on everybody else.

3. Yes, English is not my first language and I sincerely apologies if sometimes my thoughts are not correctly expressed in my posts.

Methinks I detect a tinge of sarcasm here
    4. No, that was not sarcasm. It was only a simple conclusion.

5. Sorry if I touched your nerve when I pionted out that a PC is a better option (for the time being) than a Mac for problems like this one. That was not my intention.

To mlindber:
    Maybe you have discovered something important ! This is helpful.

To WiseWeasel:
    You and your friend Geezerbutts ( and everybody else who realy works hard for our Mac community) are our real heros. Keep up the good work.

We, together with the FORCE, are with you!!!
    Quote Quote