VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Have you donated to DVDRHelp.com?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    It's always like that. A couple of mac guys greated Forty-Two, but got little to no money. People just don't care, which is sad.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mazinz
    ...then again i do have to consider that everyone is not going to be taking this poll
    No, but like any poll it's a good indicator
    For instance, when you read 16million people in the UK watched the Christmas special of "Only Fools & Horses", they only ascertain that information from circa 2000 people (2000 people secretly employed by an agency which records which programmes they watch; and when I say 'employ' they get their TV licence free!)
    Will
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, every few month and everyone who can afford it, SHOULD do so. Great site and great investment for the future, IMHO.
    (;-{> Dd
    Strength and Honor
    www.dvd9to5.com
    www.dvd9to5.com/forum/
    "For every moment of truth there's confusion in life"
    Black Sabbath/Ronnie James Dio
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by tgpo
    Originally Posted by Will Hay
    yes, I know, they're not 'real' friends

Ouch...Ouch
    Think I would have to agree with tgpo....

Guess we're not *real friends*
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Take heart in knowing that if you believe my signature is aimed at you in some small way, then you have the qualities I look for (in a friend).
    Good enough?
    (...see, I am a good person, sensitive too)
    Will
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I sent $20 because I believe information should be free and know that bandwidth isn't.

And I still feel like I've cheated Baldrick somehow.
    "There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon." -- Raoul Duke
    Quote Quote  
  7. Baldrick, is there a monthly operating deficit, or are you in the green now? Just asking due to the amount of ads placed on the site.

---

I think this is unique:
    http://webmin.com/wishlist.html
    The creator of Webmin software has people who wish to donate instead buy books for his daughter. How nice
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Will Hay
    Originally Posted by mazinz
    ...then again i do have to consider that everyone is not going to be taking this poll
    No, but like any poll it's a good indicator
    For instance, when you read 16million people in the UK watched the Christmas special of "Only Fools & Horses", they only ascertain that information from circa 2000 people (2000 people secretly employed by an agency which records which programmes they watch; and when I say 'employ' they get their TV licence free!)
    Will
    Thats not true, you get vouchers, my mum is one employed by the said "company" and she gets £25 worth of vouchers for a high street shop (think she gets M&S) every six months (or maybe a year). Any other person who lives there gets the same, but now me and my brother have moved out £25 is all she gets.
    If it's wet, drink it

My DVD Collection
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Must have changed.
    Didn't know that.
    Does she still get her licence fee paid?
    Will
    Quote Quote  
  10. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Tried to donate but I never got an e-mail reply. I'll have to assume he has enough money
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hey cap!

Originally Posted by Capmaster
    Tried to donate but I never got an e-mail reply. I'll have to assume he has enough money
    I don't understand this, what's wrong with the paypal links, or were you trying to send cash?
    Will
    Quote Quote  
  12. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Will,
    I was trying to get the e-mail address to use for the Paypal payment. I looked all over this site and didn't see any "Donate" button or link. So I sent Baldrick an e-mail almost a week ago and never heard back. I intended for it to be anonymous as far as the rest of the board is concerned, and I didn't intend to even announce it, but I was a little miffed. It gave me the impression that it's not important enough for even a common courtesy e-mail reply. Being ignored or treated rudely are two of my biggest pet peeves, because I always reply to e-mails and I always respond to PMs because that is how I was raised. "Do unto others ..."
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    "Do unto others ..."
    ...heh, just like Anton La Vey sez!...Good boy.

I have learnt SO MUCH from this forum, I pledge a donation AS SOON as I'm financially stable! (I promise!).

Right now, I'm in the situation where $5 bux means a lot.

Hopefully that will change one day soon...(!?)...
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Capmaster
    Will,
    I was trying to get the e-mail address to use for the Paypal payment. I looked all over this site and didn't see any "Donate" button or link.
    You did not look very hard
    Quote Quote  
  15. Much like that inflatable clown he owns, some things just reach out and punch him in the face, and he still don't get it...
    Quote Quote  
  16. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I didn't think of looking at the actual DVDRHELP.COM page I was only looking on the forum. Oh well, not the first brain fart I've ever had :P

And that inflatable clown has nothing to do with it and I'll thank you to leave "Will" out of it .............
    Quote Quote  
  17. Will?

Oh man, I can only guess... :P
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I didn't think of looking at the actual DVDRHELP.COM page I was only looking on the forum. Oh well, not the first brain fart I've ever had :P
    This is why I couldn't understand why it was so hard.
    Will
    Quote Quote  
  19. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Will Hay
    This is why I couldn't understand why it was so hard.
    Will
    I was running in retard-mode that day apparently. It's awfully hard to miss on the home page
    Quote Quote  
  20. Capmaster: Taking retard-mode to new levels.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by indolikaa
    Capmaster: Taking retard-mode to new levels.
    It used to be limited to only happening occasionally. Now it's limited to only days ending in a "Y".
    I need a vacation :P
    Quote Quote  
  22. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    thanks capmaster! i'm trying to reply to important emails but most are just video questions or spam so I miss some now and then.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Baldrick gets spam?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    thanks capmaster! i'm trying to reply to important emails but most are just video questions or spam so I miss some now and then.
    Well ...I'll let it slide this time, but I'm watching you J/K
    It was my bad, as Craig was so anxious to point out Hard to miss all the "Donate' and Paypal links. I have the forum bookmarked and I go to the tools and other sections straight from the forum without going back to the home page. I really did look around for about 10 minutes before I decided to drop you a line.

Paypal processed it just fine this morning, and more to come as long as I get to be a mod someday .....I wanna be like Pacmania ....
    Quote Quote  
  25. You didn't chintz and donate $1, did you?
    Quote Quote  
  26. I wanna be like Pacmania
    Nah, you don't.
    That was just TGPO up to his usual nepotism
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by offline
    I wanna be like Pacmania
    Nah, you don't.
    That was just TGPO up to his usual nepotism
    Ouch!
    Quote Quote  
  28. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You didn't chintz and donate $1, did you?
    Shhh ...I kept trying to find the "cents" symbol and it kept defaulting to the "$", so I was stuck
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by Capmaster
    Shhh ...I kept trying to find the "cents" symbol and it kept defaulting to the "$", so I was stuck
    You probably buy Princo media, too. Typical.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You probably buy Princo media, too. Typical.
    Not any more. I've seen the light 8) Ritek all the way for me.

Of course, I'm not one of those lucky few Sandia HS alumni who can afford to buy Taiyo Yuden media, drive a Viper and hire outcalls to come to his house
    Quote Quote