VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Anyone know if these are able to do analogue to dv pass thru? TIA
    Quote Quote  
  2. I had a Sharp DV cam that would record analog, but no pass through. I don't think the new units even have analog recording anymore. As far as know, pass through is limited to some Sonys and Canons.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well that sucks. I was thinking about getting the Sharp VLZ3U and using it like a capture device.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes, it does suck. Seems like pass through is getting harder to find. The lower end Canons still have it; the lower end Sonys do not. My current camcorder (a Panasonic) will record to tape from analog, but that makes for a time-consuming, two-step process. I could get a new DV cam, but my I like most of the features on my Panasonic. I'm thinking of a used digital 8 model that has pass through. This will do the real time conversion I seek and let me play my old Hi8 tapes as well. I do have to be careful as not all the D8s have passthrough. All the 2000 units did, but since then the entry level units have not. If you are looking for a reasonably priced DV with pass through, you could go for the Canon ZR's, but I think last year's models are better than the new ones. The current crop has no microphone jack and tape motor noise can be a problem.
    Quote Quote  
  5. My wife's Sharp camcorder has pass-through. It's a VLZ-N105 or something like that. It's about three years old, and I imagine if you can still find one it's got to be pretty inexpensive now.
    Quote Quote