VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I bought some heavyweight paper and the quality is GREAT... however when it get to the last centemeter of the page on printing my printer does not finish it and goes on to the next page. Y is it that my printer is not printing to the very tip of the page but instead stoping and leaving about .5 cm remaining. Perhaps I can trick my printer into keep printing by taping 1 paper to another and making it think its printing on a 8.5x by 14x sheet. Cause its cleary got enough room to finish the print but instead it decides to throw on megenta and yellow and leave the rest undone..

any1 got a solution to this problem?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try setting the software to LEGAL... but just use the LETTER size paper. Let us know if this works.
    Quote Quote  
  3. A4.

Look in your printer setup's advanced options and see if there is an option to use full page - a lot of inkjet printers print slightly off center so as to allow a good grip on the rollers, but if you accept the final inch or so might not be as good a quality as the rest of the page, most will let you print into this area.
    Quote Quote  
  4. and if all that fails set it to legal and tape a piece of paper to the end of the one you are printing to make sure the rollers have something to grip.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Adding on a little extra with tape works, but not all that well (you'll see a streak at the end). However, it is better than being cut off.

Your other solution is to get a printer that can print "borderless" (I have a CANON i850). This will allow your 10.75" label to be printed on an 11" page.
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Buy 8.5 x 14 paper.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    SOrry I cant buy a new printer or those expensive A4 paper hehe Not too mention they dont even sell A4 Paper anywhere near me.

I tried the print as fax and well that didnt work.. Alll it did was give me a mini-sized dvd case insert lol.

Then I tried taping a piece of 2nd paper to me first sheet and told my printer I was using custom 12' size paper. This allowed for a PERFECT result. the roller sensed more paper at the end and did not skip onto the next page. then I just took off the tape and i still have my other blank paper and a PERFECT (no lines at the end or anything) DVD Cover... Thanks every1. I think some1 should make a guide for this and post it on the site... I wasted tons of ink on 2 covers b4 I got this down
    Quote Quote  
  8. I use nero cover designer for my covers. When I print with my epson c82 printer, it has a setting: - properties - page layout - more options - minimize margins. Then I also check: - reduce/enlarge document size. If I set it to fit a dvd case template it automatically goes to 97% of the original size. The printed sheet is just slightly smaller than the regular one would be. I adjust and just make the spine image a little bigger so it's perfect. I don't have to tape extra paper to the sheet then. I have also used legal paper and as previously stated, that's the best, just design and print.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hmm. I couldent get my nero cover designer to work.. Whenever im ready to print it says error cant detect printer.. please install one. I got this same error on 2 other programs too.. However when I used xpressit 2.0? it let me print and wheniver i print anything else it lets me print... wierd
    Quote Quote  
  10. You might want to check your system settings and printer settings, maybe even uninstall and reinstall your printer. It's odd to have a few programs not find your printer and one that does.
    Quote Quote