VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Just a quick question, I know the Canopus ADVC-100 is pretty much the standard for most analog video capture to DV.....however with the ADS Pyro link as a comparable product, is there any real significent difference in the products performance wise besides the price? Id figure if the ADS brand works just as well as the Canopus brand I could go with that. Can anyone point me to some links on where I could buy the Canopus and the ADS model?

Also, has anyone looked at the ADVC-300 model from Canopus? Any thoughts about it? Thanks!

VTM
    I have the staff of power, now it's up to me to use it to its full potential to command my life and be successful.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    www.ecost.com is where I purchased my ADVC-100.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I haven't tried the Canoupus, but if you get the Pyro keep this in mind.

The pyro wants an absolutely perfect video source. The one I tried and ended up returning would drop between 20 to 40 frames whenever it received anything but a perfect signal. (even from brand new video tapes, with no apparent problem when viewing it on the tv)

I'm told the Canopus is not as sensitive to this. If you get the Pyro, be prepared to spend some money on a TBC if you don't have one, as you will without a doubt need it if you are doing conversions from tape.

When the Pyro was working (from a laserdisc source) The capture was fantastic.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got my ADS A/V links at Circuit City. $129 for the 1st one.
    Then a couple of weeks later I bought a 2nd one, $119.
    I returned my Canopus, it would always lock up my computer.
    I think it was finicky about my generic IEEE card. No problem
    with the ADS.
    Quote Quote  
  5. videotechman - do a search in this forum on the ADS - you'll find plenty of comments.
    Quote Quote