VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Is there a prize if you can guess what brand they are?
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    These a Arita 2.4x brand made by Ricoh. Many people report being able to burn these at 4x.

What'd I win??!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  3. It looks like the price of DVD R media is finally beginning to drop. Every week there seems to be a better deal. Also, DVD recorders are starting to approach the $300 point, which is fine by me....
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have one spindle and they are Ritek. My nec 1100 burn em at 4x speed.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Is this an in store sale or do you need to order them on-line? Every time I have gone into Office-Max to buy a sale item they never have any stock.
    Quote Quote  
  6. at my officemax, they are arita 2.4x dvd+r. surprised that they had these, i would have thought they only carry named brands, fujifilm, memorex, imation, hp, tdk and others.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Got it from store two days ago, don't know about online order, never buy online unless have to buy or die
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Gotta go check thsi out... not 4x but a good price just the same.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I wonder how long it well take before they're as cheap as CDr's. These sales are tempting, but I'm going to hold off until I've used up what I have. I'm sure by then there will be even better deals. This could be the year where DVD's finally overtake CD's....
    Quote Quote  
  10. not only price but quality seems to be getting better as well. I am going to buy this if my officemax still have it by the time I get there tomorrow. Most of the time, most of the on sales items are out very quick.
    Quote Quote  
  11. That happened to me 2 weeks ago when OfficeMax offered 25 Imation +R's. however they're good about giving rainchecks (at least the one I shop at is). I got them the following Saturday, and they turned out to be Ricoh and burn at 4X. I'm considering getting an 8X drive, and I"m curious how fast they'd burn in that.

One other advantage with OfficeMax is that if the mail-in rebate has expired they'll deduct it at the register. Not every store will do that. I had a bad experience at Best Buy over that, which is why I don't shop there any more....
    Quote Quote  
  12. A good deal indeed. But I was greedy last week. Now I have 20pack of Imations and 25pack of TDK's. I think I'll need to used these up before buying more.

Johnny,
    Agree with you completely. OfficeMax though not as stuffed with electronics as Best Buy and Circuit City, is much more customer friendly and oriented. I've been very impressed with them.

Keep up the good job OfficeMax, if you are watching this forum.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Just got back from Office Max, here is the media code:

RICOHJPNR00

At 40 cents a disk after rebate this is a steal.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So it's 2.4x then. Hmm, good media, slower burn. A good price I guess but want 4x. Oh well.
    Quote Quote  
  15. I got lucky they were out and the manager was nice giving me 2 memorex 4x dvd+r spindles, I don't know if I'll get the rebate he said I would, nevertheless less than 65 cents a piece would still be a great deal
    I think I got very lucky here
    terramir
    added videocard had to downclock my proc got 10 C hotter in my case time to ducts that sucker ;@ had to down my overclock was 2200mhz now 2100 mhz :'(
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I got lucky as well, OfficeMax was out of the advertised brand and substituted 2 - 50 pack spindles of the Memorex DVD+R 4X. Do not even have to send the rebates in, price at the register was $39.99 plus tax instantly.

Both spindles turned out to be Richo 4X.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Got two packs from Dallas area Officemax. Label says Arita DVD+R 2.4X

Come home and run DVDinfoPro and found out it's RicohJPN01. Burns 8X perfectly on both Optorite DD401 and CyberDrive D082.
    Very Very Happy.
    Quote Quote  
  18. I have to send in the rebate but 4x +R memorx ricoh
    terramir
    added videocard had to downclock my proc got 10 C hotter in my case time to ducts that sucker ;@ had to down my overclock was 2200mhz now 2100 mhz :'(
    Quote Quote  
  19. I got the 100 pack today. As usual OfficeMax had zero stock on the shelf so I found the manager and told him I was getting tired of coming to his store for sale items only to find they were out of the item. Amazing he was able to fine a whole box of them under the counter.

Anyone try these discs on either the Sony DRU-500ax or the NEC ND1100a?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, I went to Office Max and purchased the Arita Media. Anyone have a clue how to send in the UPC code? I have 2 of them, both fastened with stealth glue to the plastic end caps of the spindle. Do I have to send in the whole endcap, do I need a band saw, or ? Any clues?
    Burn Baby Burn
    It's a Disk-o Inferno
    Quote Quote  
  21. I was able to carefully peel off the label, I just did it VERY slowly
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by Popee
    OK, I went to Office Max and purchased the Arita Media. Anyone have a clue how to send in the UPC code? I have 2 of them, both fastened with stealth glue to the plastic end caps of the spindle. Do I have to send in the whole endcap, do I need a band saw, or ? Any clues?
    I used a hair blow dryer to heat up the UPC code label and plastic end cover a bit, then the UPC code label came off easy.
    Quote Quote  
  23. I got the last spindle at my local OfficeMax. I was lucky and got RICOHJPNR01 disc. DVDInfo states 2.4x, 4x, 6x, and 8x speeds.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Pickedup a pack at the local OfficeMax. These are Arita,purple printed top marked as 2.4x. DVD Dcrypter gives code as RICOHJPN-R00-01.
    Now I'm going to nitpick,I moved them to two empty spindles since they came without a spindle and there's only 96,not 100 as stated. Anyone else get short count?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    To anyone that cares and johnny C for ur info, the closer officemax on sthside was out of these and didnt offer a sub (of course), So i called the O.P. one and they did offer a substitute of mem or imat. I got the imations, 4 -25 pack spindles. All show as RICOHJPNR01 ans burn great at 4x, plus I still got the rebate to boot. So all in all not too bad a deal. Maybe we should all wait for the crappy advertised media to get sold out so we can get a substitute thats even better quality.
    Quote Quote  
  26. That's strange, because they offered me a substitute a few weeks ago. It wasn't the same day, but I called back on Tues, when they get a delivery, and was offered some Memorex. However, having had bad experiences with Memorex CD-RW's (a whole spindle of 25 that would not work), I said I'd hold out. The following Sat they had more Imations, so it worked out....
    Quote Quote  
  27. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    My MAX gave me a raincheck, don't know what good it is, as the last couple times they ad'ed the same stuff the following week and didn't have any to fill my RC.

The one time I did get a call they wanted to sell me "Valuediscs" and said they were Khypermedia, which pipple keep saying are junk even with their own name on them.

Ah, well, keep on keepin' on. Don't know why I need more, at the moment, anyhow.

Cheers,

George
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by jaxxboss
    To anyone that cares and johnny C for ur info, the closer officemax on sthside was out of these and didnt offer a sub (of course), So i called the O.P. one and they did offer a substitute of mem or imat. I got the imations, 4 -25 pack spindles. All show as RICOHJPNR01 ans burn great at 4x, plus I still got the rebate to boot. So all in all not too bad a deal. Maybe we should all wait for the crappy advertised media to get sold out so we can get a substitute thats even better quality.
    Wow thats a deal. So they gave you the extra $20 off rebate instantly? So you cost out the door was $39+tax for 100 imations?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yup, $39.00 plus tax out the door. Very nice deal indeed. And I hate Memorex also, but I would have got them as they were the first substitute, but they were sold out on them also. I hate memorex, but i figured Id rather have them at 4x than the Imations at 2.4x(Imations are terrible about labeling their speeds on the packaging and usually get 2.4). I got lucky I guess as these were 4x Richs.
    Quote Quote