VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. k..to answer your little riddle..

You do not call her anything in regards to sexy..because at the base of being sexy..you DEFINE the word "Sexy". If both of them are ugly..you concider them very ugly..and just ugly.. Now if you're saying I HAVE to do one of them...I choose the less ugly one. Are you the type of guy..to walk into a bar and see two nasty fat chicks..and tell your friend "Man, that girl on the left is not as sexy as the girl on the left"? If so, then I can see where your analogy is supposed to make sense.. I'm the type of guy to see a nasty girl and say "Gawd damn them women are ugly". Now if you walk into a BAR..and there is a 120lb girl with a cute face and a nice body..and her friend..140lb..a litte taller, but still sexy...I would probably say the 120lb'er is sexier than the 140lb..then that automatically implies you think the other one is sexy too. Seing that they are both in a class of being "sexy" for 1 to be more "sexy" than the other...looks like my "futile attempts at being pedantic " are working in my favor again.

The "sexy" analogy I used was to compare memorex to one of the several media brands you mentioned. I concider the MEmorex like the one that is 140lb..but the ones that cost more..and are harder to find printable tops "The 120lb girl" is sexier. I certainly don't compare the media you use to a 210lb girl..and compare mine to a 220. If I wanted to compare discs to fat chicks..I would say Princo, Optimum, USDM would be the fat chicks.

That is the pont I make is you use the word "crappier" when it should just be.."not as good". I think the confusion once again has to do wth your definition of crappy. If you use one brand and burn 1-5 coasters..and then use another brand and burn no coasters..al out of 100.. I would be the type of person to say one is not as good as the other. But not that it is crappier.. If you would say 1-5 coasters out of 100 is crappy..then that is where I am missing the boat. I think this is a misunderstanding between what I concider crappy..and what you concider crappy... Might even be the difference of my more optomisic view..and your more pessamistic view.

We are talking about 4X Printable Memorex DVD's...if all of the other products you mentioned made white inkjet DVD +R's...and sold them for a price like Memorex..I would probably be going for those..once I get the info on the quality of the printable top.

If you are going back on your original stance by saying there are Memorex media codes out there that people have had no problems with, then I will agree.. And the DVDs in the thread subject Are Memorex 4X WHITE INKJET PRINTABLE +R and -R. Under the link for the +R's..I see:

" Best Bang for your buck, February 6, 2004
    Reviewer: jjkhan from Manassas, VA United States
    At $99 for a 100 spindle it may not be the best price BUT get this; They burn at 8x flawlessly for me using a generic 8X dvd burner meaning that it will work with plextor, optorite, kypermedia, lite on, and most others at 8x, they are amazing for printing on with my epson r300, with no smudging.

They are identified as RICOHJPNR01, which as you know is as good as it gets."

Hmmm.that's interesting. That media code sounds familiar..RICOHJPNR01....hmmm

Oh that's right..that is the same media code for the 2.4X and 4X Maxell's that everyone seems to love... and if you look at that media code under Memorex in the DVD Media search..you find the 96 comments where the majority are in favor. With that stated..and the availability and price of a whitetop printable DVD +R. I could possibly get these things in on Friday.and have all kinds of bad burns. But I can't say they are crappy if I find out 96 coments favored The same DVD's I could not burn with. That would be stupid of me to state it as a Fact for everybody, because it is not a fact. It is your personal opinion just based on the facts that other people have had problems with memorex. I agree...I see several bad media codes..especially for the -R's. However the +R's are a different story.. The MEdia codes for +R appear to be fine according to DVD MEdia Search.

Just because you have a bad experience with a product..expecially one that SEVERAL other people are having no problems with..that is cheaper than the other popular brands of media out there, doesn't make the Media crappy..

Stick to the fact several people out thee are having no problems with Memorex..and for 100$ for 100, and white printable tops at that...you should take that deal if you end up getting the media code that everyone out there is saying is one of the best. Sounds lke a "smart guy" decision to me. IF you disagree, then we agree to disagree..because arguing on and on just proves we have very different views of what crappy is..and what to expect out of 100$ for 100DVD spindle.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I guess I will also throw something out by "defense"...that was made a sticky...

"Last but not least, I want to mention that i've seen too many fallacies and assumptions from people who think because they got one bad batch of disks from a manufacturer, then surely, all that particular manufacturer's disks or brand of disks must be crappy. Again, this simply isn't true.

Case in point: CMC has been known to produce a high percentage of inferior disks which have some type of issue or another. In the Verbatim example listed above, they were known to be responsible for the majority of inferior Verbatim disks. However, CMC also manufactures many other brands of disks. Philips DVD+R media for one is produced by CMC. And for one reason or another, the Philips media CMC produces is of a higher quality and superior to that of most other CMC Produced media. There can be a number of reasons for this. It could be the dye used for the Philips disks is of better quality...maybe it's because the Quality Control is more stringent for the Philips disks then it is other brands. Or maybe it's because the entire production process is just better for the Philips disks. Whatever the reason, one thing that is for sure... is that I burned a successful 75 out of 75 with these CMC disks. In addition, I have not read a single post to date from anyone saying that they've had negative issues with the Philips media. I have, however, read many posts where people have had success with the Philips (CMC) media.

So as you can see, you can't just ASSUME that because CMC produced the media, that the media will absolutely be crappy. And the exact opposite is true. Memorex has had a lot of negative Feedback regarding their DVD MEDIA. Incidentally, the majority of their DVD-R media is CMC manufactured..and of POOR QUALITY.
    So this means that everyone who has used Memorex media can say that Memorex sucks and they'd be correct, right? Once again...WRONG! Memorex also has DVD+R media and their DVD+R media happens to be produced by RICOH..one of the world leaders in DVD+R media and one of the companies at least at this point in time who people can rely on for high quality media. The point though is that just as poorly as the Memorex CMC DVD-R disks are...the Memorex DVD+R disks are some of the best out there.

The point is that you are only misinforming yourself by saying that all Memorex media is crap or all CMC media is crap,...or ALL Verbatim media is the Best...because the facts prove otherwise. In order to continue to get the highest quality media possible, you have to keep up with the times. At any given time a company may contract with a media manufacturer and you wouldn't even know there was a change. Today Memorex has CMC manufacturing its DVD-R media, but tomorrow they may contract with Taiyo Yuden and cut CMC. The same can be said for ANY media company. Right now the TDK DVD-R disks are produced by Maxell and themselves (TDK)...tomorrow they may decide to cut costs and allow a lower quality product to be produced...and they may contract CMC to produce their DVD-R media. What a nightmare that would be..lol...but it can happen.

As long as people understand these concepts and look a little deeper then just the obvious...then they should have no problem staying on top of the highest quality DVD media on the market at any given point in time.

Hopefully this info will prevent from the constant repeat posts, as well as inform people that you can not just ASSUME anything, especially when it comes to DVD MEDIA. "

Well..if tht doesn't completely contradict what you said..I don't know what else does. Unless you think the moderators are not correct...which if that is the case..then so be it. I do elieve what he said is MEmorex +R's are some of the best out there? hmmmmm
    Quote Quote  
  3. Here's my experience with memorex dvd-r's.
    I bought two stacks of 25 at the best buy near my house. This was back in december.
    my burner is a sony dru-510a with the most updated firmware.

first stack:
    all the disks that I burned at 4x would skip, freeze or show pixelation on my standalone dvd player (sony dvp-ns715).
    I'd say about 15 burned successfully at 2x speed.
    8 would not even burn at 1x...turned into coasters.

second stack:
    Again, all the disks that I burned at 4x skipped, froze, or showed pixelation during playback on my standalone dvd player.
    none burned successfully at 2x. my only successful burns were at 1x.
    I had about 10 or so coasters from this stack.

the two stacks that I bought were cmc, so I guess my luck sucks arse. Anyway, I've sent in a complaint to memorex and they are going to replace the disks that I bought. hopefully they will send me some decent ricoh's, but memorex will not be seeing much of my money any time soon. I just don't feel like i have to waste my time testing out their disks to see if they are ricoh's or cmc. Seems ridiculous to have to test their disks and then have to go back to exchange them if they happen to be cmc disks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I was just using your analogy with the sexy girl post. If you are that stuck up on the word crappy then I should have used a non crappier word. Again(for the upteenth time) It makes no matter what the media code is. Yea, they all come from the same plant and (maybe) use the same dye. Quality quantrol...... who knows. Shipping... who knows. Storage in wharehouse...who knows.
    Yes, I agree with you, people have mentioned that they have had no problems with memorex. I even said that i have had no problems with Memorex...at times. What I did say was and this is imprtant, whenever a post comes up regarding lousy, ie. bad burns, coasters,etc. that the name mostly mentioned is Memorex.
    Now, Im talking name brand. You cannot dispute this. Why is this? Is it because memorex is bought so often by the vast majority of people here that there will likely be a larger percentage of failures ratio wise? Maybe.
    I dont have that data and neither do you. The fact remains that my orig post was right.
    Do your own research on here and dont count the ones that say that they have no problems with memorex because that is not what I said.
    Count the ones that have had problems with them then count the other medias that gave problems.
    You will see that I am correct.
    I'm not always right.
    But Im never wrong.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The Amazon DVD+R are Ricoh, first thing I checked when I got them. They are also white, printable. Don't know about the -R. I got 2 stacks, no tax, no shipping.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Burnt ~200+ Memorex (RICOHJPNR01) +R 4x at 8x and only had 4 bad burns..2 because of the USB2 case, 1 because of software and 1 because of a chair to keyboard interface problem . The RICOHJPNR01 type discs have been the most depenable DVD + R media that I have used regardless who makes them (Use mostly Memorex since they are easily available and a little cheaper the the Maxells with the same media code). All where jewel case package discs and not bulk spindles. Never used Memorex -R media, use Ritek (RiData) G04.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi all,

Here are my personal experience & opinion after using Memorex DVD-R & DVD+R in the past & present.

* DVD-R 1x that I used are very inconsistent (I tried to be nice here). They're CMC. Quite disappointed, because it's a "name-brand". And as a name-brand, consumer should expect more. Besides this is 1X, it means it would take 1 hour to burn a DVD, and if the final product is not up to par, then you did wasted 1 hour. The 1-hour wasted bothers me much more than the $1+ of coaster I produced.

* After swearing not buying Memorex any longer and switching to Maxell, Fujii, Ritek, etc., my local CompUSA is selling 4X Memorex -R & +R for $19.99 for a 25-pk. Since I do prescribed to the "giving people a second chance" philosophy, I tried them again. The -R are CMC, and the +R are Ricoh. Well, so far they performed up to par as a name-brand. Everything are OK, which does restored my faith in Memorex.

But to tell you the truth, people don't forget the first time they got @#%&!. So, if I have to buy Memorex, I probably buy +R instead of -R. For -R, I probably stick with Ritek or Ritek-made-for-brandname.

Cheers,
    Quote Quote  
  8. And so far I am sticking with the subject of the thread. What people have had issues with in the past (primarily Best Buy or store bought CMC media..mainly the -R's) has nothing to do with the thread subject. No reason to drive people away from saving money if they are buying these and they all end up being RICOH. No matter what the previous people say about their best buy DVD's...you cannot get the product we are talking about (4X Memorex White printable) in major stores like Best Buy..CC..CompUsa...

But then again..I keep forgetting you think the media code has nothing to do with it. Even though in the Sticky for DVD Misconceptions..that I posted above...it clearly states the complete opposite. Do you not belive it even though the several people posting about the product have had no issues? Or do you not believe it because it is a sticky? I tend to listen to what the moderators concider important.

What is even more confusing is that now your throwing out some things that have nothing to do with my original posts. I have been trying to stick with the Subject of the thread.. I made a comment against the people complaining about Memorex because the majority of those people are complaining of the shitty CMC versions..and other crappy media code. Which in my first 2 posts..I argued the fact that the Topic at hand is regarding the Whitetop printables that are RICOH (at least so far every +R is) Maybe it was my fault for assuming people in the thread that are complaining only said so because they tried 1 time. I guess that is what you get when you assume something..and make a blanket statment.

"Now, Im talking name brand. You cannot dispute this. Why is this? Is it because memorex is bought so often by the vast majority of people here that there will likely be a larger percentage of failures ratio wise? Maybe.
    I dont have that data and neither do you. The fact remains that my orig post was right. "

Maybe you should use your noggin..and listen to your own advice. Obviously that is what causes more complaints about Memorex..as well as the combination of the media code issues.. but once again..you say media code has nothing to do with it.. You don't need to have the specific numbers to know that if Best Buy carries the product (which it DOES NOT CARRY WHITE PRINTABLE TOP MEMOREX) you can bet your ass more people out there will be using the DVD's that are more readily available to them..from CompUSA..CC..best Buy..Office Max..

I'll be more than happy to complete my homework. These were the following threads I could find regarding memorex on this forum (and if you notice..if a person has bad media..everyone always blames it on the media code.. and also praise the RICOH branded disks which you couldn't get to work. Keep in mind this is when doing a search for MEmorex.

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=204661&highlight=memorex: issues with memorex media from bestbuy. Everyone in this thread is assuming they are CMC..because RICOH's work fine.

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=205001&highlight=memorex: small thread..but someone commenting that if it is RICOH..then go for it because the RICOH's are good

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=204711&highlight=memorex: This is a thread where a person tries to explain that Memorex +R's are great cause they are typically RICOH..and the -R's are not..because they are CMC.

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=204019&highlight=memorex: They talk about Maxells in this one..and claim they are too overpriced and have no printable tops..

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=201816&highlight=memorex: they talk about TDK's in this one..and several complaints for certain CMC media codes for TDK and memorex..but once again..everyone likes the RICOH

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=203054&highlight=memorex: again..Someone asks opinion of what Media to buy for a Liteon..and the first response is Memorex..then someone explains to make sure they get the RICOH..because the RICOHS are great.

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=203229&highlight=memorex: This was another interesting one..peple were getting deals..and several said memorex were fine...and commented on seevral media...really wasn't a complaint thread..but even yourself shows up in the thread to say "I got lucky I guess as these were 4x Richs"..so apparently your contradicting yourself here..

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=184996&highlight=memorex= Issues with Memorex and HP 300i..but once again..people coming in saying they have problems..but at the end it was a firmware upgrade issue from HP..after they upgrade..eveything is fine.. once again a stronger case for my DVD-burner-compatability theory..

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=202490&highlight=memorex: dude was having all kinds of issues with any media on his liteon not recognizing the blank media..not related directly to Memorex

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=203855&highlight=memorex: This is a person having issues with CMC branded media he got in Canada.. Funny how once again..everyone blames the media code and not memorex.

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=201444&highlight=memorex: Only mention in this post about memorex is the last post..claiming the RICOH's are great..a few coasters out of 200

I'm sick of doing my homework. I have called you out on searching for memorex in the forum..and out of all the threads I have posted at the top ( which was 4 pages of threads from 1-4..I don't have the patience to look months ago where people with 2.4x CMC are having issues), you have yet to prove your point. Especially your point that the media code means nothing..which it obviously does. In one of those posts I found YOUR POST even went as far to say "I got lucky I guess as these were 4x Richs" which once again..completely contradicts what you are now saying in your previous post.

Deal with it..I have done my homework.. You however are contradicting yourself and saying things like "I'm not always right..but I am never wrong." If that is your view of yourself then I sure as hell don't want to argue anymore..because in this post I have proved you wrong several times.

Once again..just because people complain about CMC media code..has no bearing on the RICOH's that are coming on these printable tops..as well as the RICOH's that you say were the ones you tested. I don't buy your view of Memorex's storage..shipping..ink theory..if that was the case then everyone across the board would have issues. Your theory's are flawed and you keep contradicting yourself and SEVERAL other ideals that members of this forum stand by. I think it would be a good idea for you to at least start by readin the sticky in this forum about DVD misconceptions...
    Quote Quote  
  9. DAFREAK..

Your explanation above is very well put. You came to a thread and stated you did not have any luck with previous attempts with MEmorex media..and it appears you got the CMC. Personally if I would have got burned on 2 25 spindles..I would not go MEmorex either and definitely understand your frustration. These are the types of posts that are always welcome in any forum, because your not trying to drive away a person that is interested in what appears to be a pretty solid product.

Once I get my Memorex's on Friday..I'll test the burning and the printing and report back. Who knows..with any kind of DVD media..there is the possibility of getting a sub-par media code. Well..at least any +R media that goes 100$ for 100.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Of course media code don't have anything to do with it! All being equal, why does the memorex ones seem to show up as having problems much more often than other media? I mean, cmon, the media code is the same, so why is it that memorex comes up more often than others? Maybe because of other factors. You prove my point regarding media code. They are all made by the same factory, so why do the memorex fail more often? Like I said, look at the other factors...how they ship, store and handle them. That could be the reason why, maybe not. I dont know. You called me out? Thats a laugh, what you proved was that memorex have had more issues than other name brand media.
    Dude, are you like married to Memorex? LOL. You're getting ur undies in a bunch. BTW, your cussing dont impress me much, as a 20 Year Navy Vet I think I have heard all there is so calm down and talk civilized....If you can.
    You still havnt put a poll up like I mentioned. What are you affraid of? A little humility maybe?
    I have been reading here for a long time and I dont need to
    search like you, as I have read the posts as they came out.
    Why does Memorex stick in my mind.... Because I have read many posts about them failing, many more than other media.
    Quote Quote  
  11. "Of course media code don't have anything to do with it! All being equal, why does the memorex ones seem to show up as having problems much more often than other media? I mean, cmon, the media code is the same, so why is it that memorex comes up more often than others? Maybe because of other factors. You prove my point regarding media code. They are all made by the same factory, so why do the memorex fail more often? Like I said, look at the other factors...how they ship, store and handle them. That could be the reason why, maybe not. I dont know."

You obviously don't know much then..because I have made 2 points in regards to media code:

a) everyone loves RICOH..and has no issues besides you....

b) Memorex is one of the most popular brands of DVD media..and is sold in Bestbuy..CC..CompUSA..OfficeMax,..etc..etc.. Of course they will pop up more than other media. Especially with the CMC media code issues.

You obviously are not reading my post once again. The only issues I see in the forums with MEmorex is with CMC. Not RICOH. You are claiming that you had issues with RICOH..which people on these forums have no issues with. The ones that are have upgraded formware and had no issues. So obviously my DVD Burner compatability theory is on the money. If you are going to sit here and argue that media code has nothing to do with it..when EVERYONE else seems to have the same ideas as I do..then no one will ever convince you..especially if the forum moderators seem to think the DVD Misconceptions post is a good one...once again..maybe you should go back to readin that because it ONCE AGAIN CONFLICTS WITH WHAT YOU ARE SAYING

" You called me out? Thats a laugh, what you proved was that memorex have had more issues than other name brand media. "

Even you yourself said it was possible because they are one of the most widely used DVD-R Medias..I keep catching you in these contradictions.

"Dude, are you like married to Memorex? LOL. You're getting ur undies in a bunch."
    Definitely not married..in fact there uis still agood possibility that these new whitetop printables are going to give me trouble...I definitely don't put that possibility out.

" BTW, your cussing dont impress me much, as a 20 Year Navy Vet I think I have heard all there is so calm down and talk civilized....If you can. "

you being a 20 year old Navy vet doesn't impress me either. Your Navy Experience obviously taught you nothin about DVD Media. If you were truly in the Navy for 20 years..then concidering the swearing I have done should roll of your back. Somehow I think you just put that in there to try and save your withering credibility.

"You still havnt put a poll up like I mentioned. What are you affraid of? A little humility maybe? "

Once again you are not readin my posts... The subject at hand is the 4X Memorex media whitetop printable that are RICOH's. If you want..I'll post a poll asking about people's success rate with 4X Memorex RICOH's..and see what everyone said..but I as well as many here could care less what kind of problems people had with 2.4X CMC media...and all the several incompatability issues with certain DVD Writers...which somehow you still seem determined that there is no such thing as a DVD burner Incompatability issue..like it is some sort of mythjical thing I just made up...once again..go to the DVD Misconceptions and READ..which you obviously haven't done yet

"I have been reading here for a long time and I dont need to
    search like you, as I have read the posts as they came out.
    Why does Memorex stick in my mind.... Because I have read many posts about them failing, many more than other media."

Oh..you mean a long time ago? seeing that you have been reading for a long time. I think you just have a biased opinion of things..and choose to see certain things in the forum..but when someone has good experience with them..you don't pay attention... Just like you said "Do your own research on here and dont count the ones that say that they have no problems with memorex because that is not what I said" I find it funny that you are trying to make me look past all of the MAJORITY OF MEMOREX USERS THAT HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH THE RICOH MEDIA THEY BOUGHT.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Dude, go write a book. You are wasting your time here.
    The subject at hand is the 4X Memorex media whitetop printable that are RICOH's.
    Who the **** said this was about printable white tops? Get the **** off WHITE TOPS You damn Snot sliggn fool! The orig post was asking about the white tops, the point we are arguing is that MEMOREX has more complaints than any other brand name MEDIA!! GET IT THRU UR ******* THICK SKULL.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by jaxxboss
    Dude, go write a book. You are wasting your time here.
    The subject at hand is the 4X Memorex media whitetop printable that are RICOH's.
    Who the **** said this was about printable white tops? Get the **** off WHITE TOPS You damn Snot sliggn fool! The orig post was asking about the white tops, the point we are arguing is that MEMOREX has more complaints than any other brand name MEDIA!! GET IT THRU UR ******* THICK SKULL.
    jaxxboss Exactly what are you tying to say? :P
    Rick
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    LOL
    Quote Quote  
  15. oh..my goodness..

Is someone starting to get a little flustered? You do realize your foul mouth does not impress anyone right? and yes..the subject for this thread and the reason for my first two posts, if you would get it through YOUR skull, is concerned with people bashing memorex when the issues with memorex has obviously been an issue between whether or not it's+R or -R, and what media code is being used..therefore bashing Memorex due to their previous bad media is unwarranted. Be more like dafreak..just say you don't trust them anymore..explain what type you had..+R..-R and what media code. And then state what happened..and move on. Let me remind you that you said yourself ""I got lucky I guess as these were 4x Richs" Which easily shows that you think media has something to do with it..if not you would not have made that statment.

Write a book? Naw..I just wrote a book in this thread..READ it and learn something from it. If you don't want to READ my posts..then once again..at least go read the DVD misconceptions guide at top of forum..because you obviously have some misconceptions about DVD Media. But thi could go on and on because you are never wrong right?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok dork face. You didnt quite read my post in that thread you quoted me as saying I got Lucky The actual post is: I got the imations, 4 -25 pack spindles. All show as RICOHJPNR01 ans burn great at 4x, plus I still got the rebate to boot.
    Then my next post in the same thread:

I hate memorex, but i figured Id rather have them at 4x than the Imations at 2.4x(Imations are terrible about labeling their speeds on the packaging and usually get 2.4). I got lucky I guess as these were 4x Richs.
    That means I
    got lucky that the imations were 4x
    You really cant read, can you.
    Now go back to school and study up.
    Quote Quote  
  17. btw..

"Who the **** said this was about printable white tops? Get the **** off WHITE TOPS You damn Snot sliggn fool! The orig post was asking about the white tops, the point we are arguing is that MEMOREX has more complaints than any other brand name MEDIA!! GET IT THRU UR ******* THICK SKULL."

If that is what we are arguing..then you are aguing for no reason. Every single post I make indicates that many people have had problems with Memorex in regards to there sub-par media codes..specifically for -R's. Added on top of your theory that Memorex is one of the most widely available brands because they sell them at bestbuy.. CC..Compusa.. therefore more poeple will be using with this media.

In the DVD misconceptions article it clearly states that Memorex was known for making bad -R's because of CMC..however the +R's are some of the best in the business.

Point of the matter is..with DVD Media, there will always be people who have had issues with certain types of media.while others have not. If you have been reading this forum for a long time..then you would have obviously learned this by now.

a few questions:

1.) Do you still not agree that Certain media has certain incompatability issues with certain burners? If not..then why on firware upgrades are people able to use media they previously were not able to use?

2.) DO you still think Media code has anything to do with it..even after I quoted you saying you were lucky to get RICOH?

3.) What kind of burner/firmware do you have?

In the DVD misconceptions article it clearly states that Memorex was known for making bad -R's because of CMC..however the +R's are some of the best in the business. I certainly will not argue with that..especially when there are plenty of people out there that agree completely.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    And one more thing Butt breath. The media code is a moot point since it is the same media code for these brands, ergo it MUST be something other than the media code that tends to have memorex show up in a lot of the posts as having problems. Can you get that thru ur frign head or do you need the National Guard to come out and help you yank it out of your ass.
    Am I clear on the media code now? Hell, even my 14 year old is laughing at you.
    Quote Quote  
  19. your right...

"I hate memorex, but i figured Id rather have them at 4x than the Imations at 2.4x(Imations are terrible about labeling their speeds on the packaging and usually get 2.4). I got lucky I guess as these were 4x Richs.
    That means I
    got lucky that the imations were 4x
    You really cant read, can you.
    Now go back to school and study up."

I just pulled a "you" and didn't read the whole thing correctly. If that is the case..answer my last 3 questions I responded with above.. because you are still sticking to your misconception that media code has nothing to do with it..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Read above facia de minga
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Your last 3 questions :
    1 & 2 .) Do you still not agree that Certain media has certain incompatability issues with certain burners? If not..then why on firware upgrades are people able to use media they previously were not able to use?

2.) DO you still think Media code has anything to do with it..even after I quoted you saying you were lucky to get RICOH?

I agree with statement one
    I dont agree with statement 2, because Like I just ******* told you, I said I got lucky because they were 4 ******* X. If you read the WHOLE post you wouldnt take it out of context, Buffalo breath.

#3... It dont matter what I have because Fuji and TDK and Imation and Maxell and all burn great. Memorex needs to get their act together and not blame it on the burner.
    Quote Quote  
  22. "And one more thing Butt breath. The media code is a moot point since it is the same media code for these brands, ergo it MUST be something other than the media code that tends to have memorex show up in a lot of the posts as having problems. Can you get that thru ur frign head or do you need the National Guard to come out and help you yank it out of your ass. "

Once again..you and I have already combined pretty sound theories on why Memorex keeps coming up. Media Code (don't be stupid and say memorex's decision to use CMC/Prodisc/Princo had no effect on the amount of coastered..because too many people say otherwise). And the fact that Memorex is one of the most readily available brands..in large spindles..throughout the US. I think that is more common sense than anything, but you displayed pretty good common sense when you made that suggestion..so I commend you for that...

Is that what armed forces do these days? Pull heads out of people's asses? Damn..no wonder GWB went AWOL.

And using words like Butt-breath is not very affective..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    GWB couldnt go AWOL because there is no such thing in the National Guard. Do you always believe everything you see or hear or read from the political pundits? Don't argue with me on that one as you will be out of your league.

Moving on. Yea, memorex is available in a lot of stores, then again so is TDK and fuji. We have the following: walmart,kmart,target,compusa,staples,office max,office depot,best buy.
    I believe those pretty much make up the majority of national chains that sell media and they all offer the 5 brand names with the exception of kmart which pretty much only has memorex and target dont have fuji.

Bet your bottom dollar that given a choice between those 5 brands, memorex would be the last chosen, maybe imation would nudge em out for 5th place but memorex would def capture 4th.

As far as GWB, he is the leader of the most powerful nation on earth, not bad for a guy that u think has his head up his ass.

Dats all Im gonna say on this, unless you post again and then I'll just call you a poopy head.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Hey ..buffalo-butt-breath...lol,

If you would read the response I made above this lovely little post..you would see I wrote that you were right..I did not read your whole post there.. What I said is "Answer my last 3 questions..and if you didn't understand that I just wanted a answer to the question..and not another attack on how I worded question # 2, then you are holding on to things too much. Argue your point and not a fault I clearly stated I was wrong.

And your answers have now COMPLETELY conflicted with each other:

""I agree with statement one
    I dont agree with statement 2, because Like I just ******* told you, I said I got lucky because they were 4 ******* X. If you read the WHOLE post you wouldnt take it out of context, Buffalo breath. "

Statment one was something you firmly disagreed with before..but since I "conveniently" cannot find the times where you stated that..I won't jump in on it. statement #2 you only disagree with because I mentioned your previous post about getting Ricoh's? I explained that in a post before you. Give it up..seems like your clinging on to things just to pin me..even though I fesses up about that.

"#3... It dont matter what I have because Fuji and TDK and Imation and Maxell and all burn great. Memorex needs to get their act together and not blame it on the burner."

hmm. if it doesn't matter, then why do you agree with statement #1? If there is such thing as incompatibility issues with certain burners and certain media..then how would that not apply to you? Are you immune to statistics? If you are not..then why did:

1) Your RICOH'S failed..even though several other have gone through hundreds with no issues..

2) my friend and I get completely different results in coasters with the 2 100 spindles we bought in the SAME ORDER..with the SAME BRAND..with the SAME MEDIA CODE?

You really don't think logically..you just start calling me stupid names and start foul mouthing..even though you already stated "I think I have heard all there is so calm down and talk civilized" I wouldn't call Buffalo..or butt breath...a very civilized conversation. And I certainly don't go around dropping the F-bomb like you keep doing.
    Quote Quote  
  25. And furthermore...

My comment about GWB was sarcasm... I was using it to make a joke..apparently you can dish it out but cannot take it...

And when did I say GWB had his head up his ass? I certainly don't get into politcal debates on a DVD Media forum. If you want to talk politics..and Specifics of what the armed forces do..then go somewhere else cause no one in this forum gives 2 shits. This is a DVDR Help forum... not a "What is your stance on GWB and the armed forces" forum.

What I meant by the joke...is ..if GWB had to go around and help people remove their heads out of there asses.. no wonder he went AWOL (and yes,...I know that's a inappropriate term now).. because pulling people's heads out of their asses is not a very fulfilling job... I'm currently going through that right now.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Let me share some of my and my friend's experiences of Memorex DVD-R. I bought 2-50 packs of 4X DVD-R and the media code is CMC made in Taiwan, my SONY 500A burns them flowlessly, no coaster. My APEX 600a plays them fine. My friend bought 200 of them and he said his Plextor 708A didn't have any coaster and his JVC player plays them flawlessly. We'll buy more of those again.

vcdlover
    Quote Quote  
  27. "Bet your bottom dollar that given a choice between those 5 brands, memorex would be the last chosen, maybe imation would nudge em out for 5th place but memorex would def capture 4th. "

As a consumer you are making an asumption that the only thing a consumer needs to worry about is the burn compatability..which is completely wrong. You assume that ANY of the brands you chose will be chosen over Memorex no matter what the price is. Like I said..the things I look for..is Price/Compatability/inkjet print Quality. So with that said..anyone who uses my requirments..will probably put MEmorex a little higher on their picks. And if Best Buy ever starts selling the white printable media for MEmorex..I garauntee those would be the first pick for someone like myself..unless ALL of the products you mentioned had the same Quality printable tops (which Memorex and Ritek are highly recommended for) and had the same price give or take 10 bucks.

It all boils down to what I want in a DVD..and what YOU want in a DVD..they seem like two completely different things. But the reason I argue is because you make these blanket statements, when you should just be stating your opinion based on your experience..and realize that different people in this thread might have different needs for their DVD's. I'll take 2-5 coasters in a spindle of 100 Memorex's or Ritek's just to get the higher quality printable top..and the price that makes me drool. I'm strictly an online buyer now..because I cannot find name brand printable tops in spools for a good price anywhere... the only ones are GreatQuality DVD-R Printables..from Fry's... That doesn't sound good at all... I hate Fry's...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You implied that GWB had his head up his ass, just like you thought I implied that all memorex is crappy since i used the word crappier
    I dont give a fly poop about GWB either.

Next. I agree with statement #1 because Memorex tends to have more problems than most, like Ive been saying. Thats why I agree with it. statement #3 has nothing to do with my burners, it has everything to do with memorex. capice?

As far as stupid names goes, thats so funny. Should I have thought of better names to call you? I'll work on that so you can be satisfied next time I call you a name. OK?

The F bomb was just me using your lingo, I thought you may better understand where I was coming from if you started talking gutter mouth like you.

Yes, I can dish it out and I can take it also. What on earth gave you the impression that I could not take it? LOL, there again you put words in my mouth. All I did was respond to it, thats all.
    And you wernt being sarcastic, you were being sardonic.
    And nice job you have there, does it pay well? No wonder you don't know much about media, with your job and all. I understand that you are trying so hard and I have to give you credit for fighting so hard, but even a rat knows when to abandon a sinking ship.
    Am I comaring you to a rat? Of course not, that wouldnt be fair to the rats.
    Make your poll and then you can say you're sorry.

[/b]
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I didnt say NO MATTER WHAT THE PRICE IS LIKE, you better read dude. I said price being EQUAL. Get it RIGHT MAN!
    Quote Quote  
  30. hey vcdlover..

Were those recently bought CMC's? Were they printable? Just curious to know how Memeorex is doing with these printable ones..and if CMC was a media code people are getting. But that's pretty cool that the CMC worked out for you...maybe your lucky..maybe CMC is getting better with Memorex.
    Quote Quote