VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used to just print my cd jewl cas inserts on paper and it worked just as good as the labels u buy in stores... But now with DVd there is a bend in the case and im just wondering if i should buy the labels or again just print them on paper? Or will ordinary paper tear in the bends? thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Print your covers at 3240 X 2175 pixels. And you should be fine.

I use the perferated glossy ones. But I have used regular(well sort-of, it was card stock)and it worked fine.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Any kind of paper will do as long as its thick enough. Even thin stock paper probably wouldn't tear or even have a noticable crease line where it folds, but the thinner the paper the crappier the printout is going to look, and if the paper is thin enough it gets bumps all over it wherever the ink is heavy. Glossy paper really does look alot better than matted if you can afford it, but you have to get the inserts.

I actually do buy the insert paper just because I'm lazy and don't feel like cutting the cover out. The inserts have perforated edges that just peel off, but the quality is no better than with regular glossy paper.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I also use the perforated ones. They're really easy to use and look fine. In fact, some people have mistaken them for the real thing when I've scanned the original cover.

One challenge has been fitting them to the slim dual-disk cases I got a week or so ago. They're slightly too big, so I've been using a ruler and razor to trim about 1/8th inch off each side and they fit fine. I also have to reduce the font size on the spine...
    Quote Quote