VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bilestyle
    "i dont want to upset them so i'll do something MUCH worse and waste their hard earned money" i mean thas some pretty spurious reasoning if you ask me.
    Exactly. If this kid had any respect for his parents or the value of a dollar he would have spoke with them. I prefer PCs and like a good mod but what he did is wrong on so many levels.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dear God!!!!!

Swapped the dual G5's for an Athlon XP 2200?????
    This is by far the most disgusting computer conversion i've ever heard of!!!

Personally i am a PC person myself.... ..but to throw away the G5's in favor of an Athlon!!??? That's gotta be against the law or sth!!!

Ppls stupidity is limitless alright!!

LeoNapier
    The Truth Is Out There - X Files
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As an aside, can you imagine this kid's fear when he wakes up to find that the computing world is up in arms? This could cause an international incident! Steve Jobs might even get in on this

Birkenstock wearing Mac users everywhere will be up for a lynching. If I was him I'd be approaching the FBI for some kind of protection
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Everyone at my work is in an uproar. Its amazing. Including the PC users

Q
    "Good Luck 007"
    In Memory of Desmond Llewelyn
    Quote Quote  
  5. I wonder who his parents are.... the Ramseys? Maybe he's afraid for a reason
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I couldn't use galactica's link at all

so go here If you can't get there from the link
    http://www.overclockers.com/tips1133/

Lets put plastic explosives in another G5 and swap it out for his creation
    Can you say TROJAN HORSE?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What a waste.

At the end it says he gave the internal stuff to his friend. I bet her was happy.

I still can't figure out why he would want to do that, but some people are just dumb.
    Quote Quote  
  8. That was a funny story in a sad way. It makes me want to become friends with stupid people. I need more stupid friends. He could have just used both of them. Maybe get a nice cheap network set up. I believe macs and PCs can be networked. Even if he did not like the mac he could use it for say encoding. Oh well the point and moral of this story is life is better for people with stupid friends.
    Quote Quote  
  9. There are so many things that MACs are better at than PC (Some people would say everything). Anything to do with Graphics, Photoshop, Video Editing. I think that PC does have some better encoding apps than MAC, just due to lack of developers for MAC (compared to PC). I can't believe people would settle for less because of a silly thing like, "well, it only has one mouse button", which is a super easy fix anyway. If you can afford a MAC than you should get one, because you could also afford to have an extra PC around (not always true).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It was a hoax
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Didn't anybody actually read this article? The kid states firmly at the top that this is a total hoax. His friend had an empty G5 shell that he gave him. (or something)

This is what he used for his PC. He didn't gut a G5. Go back to your single world, MAC snob, pseudo-perfect world, and look for something else that's very trivial to quibble about.

I guess since there are so few mac users, any type of info or stories (even if they are complete hoaxes) concerning MACs draw alot of attention.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by smearbrick1
    Didn't anybody actually read this article? The kid states firmly at the top that this is a total hoax. His friend had an empty G5 shell that he gave him. (or something)
    Did you? They've editted it from the original form to what it is now. The top part wasn't there until today.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TGPO - the page doesnt load fully.... 0bytes received!
    anyone else have this prob?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tgpo
    Originally Posted by smearbrick1
    Did you? They've editted it from the original form to what it is now. The top part wasn't there until today. :shock:

a lot of the article was edited now ... the part of the hoax wasnt there before ... plus -- not many empty G5 cases around either....
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  15. There are so many things that MACs are better at than PC (Some people would say everything). Anything to do with Graphics, Photoshop, Video Editing.
    Not this old chestnut again <sigh>.
    I use both but I prefer PC's because I'm wired that way. I think the PC is more flexible but in reality there is nothing you can't do with one platform that you can't achieve with the other, at similar speeds and quality.

Now if only Apple would port Final Cut Pro to the PC
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by offline

Dont Hold your breath
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by galactica

Dont Hold your breath
    I'm still holding mine for an updated version of DVDBackup
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There are so many things that MACs are better at than PC (Some people would say everything). Anything to do with Graphics, Photoshop, Video Editing.
    Not this old chestnut again <sigh>.
    I use both but I prefer PC's because I'm wired that way. I think the PC is more flexible but in reality there is nothing you can't do with one platform that you can't achieve with the other, at similar speeds and quality.

Now if only Apple would port Final Cut Pro to the PC :D

its called Vegas 5
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Damnit! There is no Vegas 5 yet!

You got me so worked up, I soiled my armour...

But yes, this story is sooo freaking hilarious I sent it to all my computer friends.
    "*sigh* Warned you, we tried. Listen, you did not. Now SCREWED, we all will be!" ~Yoda
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by qshartle
    I have an awesome mouse I got in japan. Has 7 buttons, the ball, and its wireless. The box said PC ONLY, but i popped it into my usb port, and BAM! all the features.
    Q
    And how many fingers do you have?

And a quote from the original tip/joke:
    The board is a Biostar Micro ATX, with a 2200 Athlon XP with an Adaptec 29160 SCSI controller and two 36 GB Atlas 10K V hard drives.
    Do you know how much 2x36 Ultra SCSI disks cost? I think each one as much as a PC.
    The more I learn, the more I come to realize how little it is I know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SaSi
    I have an awesome mouse I got in japan. Has 7 buttons, the ball, and its wireless. The box said PC ONLY, but i popped it into my usb port, and BAM! all the features.
    Q
    And how many fingers do you have? :)

The board is a Biostar Micro ATX, with a 2200 Athlon XP with an Adaptec 29160 SCSI controller and two 36 GB Atlas 10K V hard drives.
    Do you know how much 2x36 Ultra SCSI disks cost? I think each one as much as a PC.
    A ULTRA 320 36gig as above is $169 new and a scsi 160 you can get now for $140 , less than a $100 on eBay
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by galactica
    Originally Posted by DivXExpert
    I don't like the 1 mouse button thing, but that can be fixed
    I have a 5 button mouse. Come on people... ANY usb mouse works on a mac. heck i have a logitech wireless one that all i had to do was plug in the base and turn the mouse on. no drivers nothing!

it really makes me wonder if apple put 2 button mice on thier macs if sales would tripple! apparently the mouse is a touchy issue when it comes to those pc'ers buying a mac
    Hopefully, having one button keeps out the idiots who don't realize that any mac can use any usb mouse. Keeping the user base nice and literate, you know
    If it isn't broken, take it apart and find out why.
    blog: deadsierra
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BJ_M
    Originally Posted by SaSi
    Q
    And how many fingers do you have?

A ULTRA 320 36gig as above is $169 new and a scsi 160 you can get now for $140 , less than a $100 on eBay
    Naw, you want a set of five of these
    If it isn't broken, take it apart and find out why.
    blog: deadsierra
    Quote Quote  
  24. I think he just said it was a hoax to restore bandwidth to the host.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by deadsierra
    Hopefully, having one button keeps out the idiots who don't realize that any mac can use any usb mouse. Keeping the user base nice and literate, you know
    Good point. I was just thinking if Apple released a 2 button pro mouse perhaps more people would be inclined to purchase a mac. But I guess it would make more sense to have those people stay PC
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I haven't seen a PC inside for quite a long time and was surprized: HOW UGLY the PC parts are! (It's easily seen even on those photos). I'd never touch them by my own hands...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Single-Button mouse? The reasoning for that is, and has been for years that Mac's are to be as easy as possible to use and learn. Try explaining your twitching 60-year-old grandmother how to use a dual-butting mouse, or a 5-year-old for that matter. Yes, it can be done, and there are exceptions where either end of the spectrum will be able to manipulate the multiple-button-mouse just fine. But for the middle of the bell curve a single-button mouse IS easier. Look, I have used and support multiple-button mice for years, and would never use a single-button mouse on my home machine. I am not saying it is right or wrong, but that is the reasoning behind the decision of a single-button mouse....
    Quote Quote  
  28. Umm...I don't think he actually gutted a G5...
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    CHRIST!

I was just watching techTV, and they had an ARTICLE ABOUT THIS GUY! It was like a 30 sec thing, but it said "Mac Community In Uproar", "Suposidly Hoax"

Q
    "Good Luck 007"
    In Memory of Desmond Llewelyn
    Quote Quote