VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to troubleshoot my slow burning speeds (I'm burning at 2x instead of 4 with different media/programs, even though burning software says 4x at the time). I did a test to determine max speed. I can see speed go from 2.9x to 3.0x. At the end of the test I get this message:

Can only write at 2x instead of 4x, because speed of source data is too slow.

2 hard drives, my "dvd work" drive is my second one 25gigs, defragged 1 partition. My first drive does have multiple partitions. I'm running XP and I tried checking DMA. Both primary and secondary IDE channel are running UDMA (4 and 5). However, my motherboard has 4 IDE controllers. Hard drives are on the special promise controllers, and the burners (I have two and both are running slow like this) are on the regular IDE controllers....so I don't know if that UDMA for primary and secondary refer to my hard drives or the burners.

Can anyone help?
    Quote Quote  
  2. UPDATE:

I moved one of the burners off it's own IDE controller. I made it a slave to my primary hard drive....and now I get 4x!! WTF? I'm happy I'm getting 4x now...but I don't understand why it sucks on it's own IDE controller. Anyway, hopefully I'll figure it out. Maybe someone could benefit from this if I figure out what the problem is.
    Quote Quote