VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for putting it into terms I can understand.

Looks like I'm going to list my Epson 825 on eBay and pick up this printer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, mine is being delivered tommorrow 11th. anybody else already got theirs?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Allright, Got mine about 2 hrs ago, set it up and everything is fine. I don't have any printable dvd media yet, (3 days) and the other cool thing, my NEC 2500A arrived today too. Anyone have good media recommendations for inkjet printables? Laters....
    Quote Quote  
  4. I think Staples has this printer also, and you can find a 20 off 100 in some deal sites.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mine arrived today but my printable Ritek G04s from Newegg don't arrive until Friday
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Im in the same sit. Inkjet printables dont arrive till friday also(hopefully). So now here's a question. What common stores would carry some inkjet printables? I think I saw compusa carrying some at one time, or maybe it was bestbuy. Anyway, anybody know? I'm also gonna post this as a question in a new thread.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yo Jaxx (and everyone else)! Be sure to post some scans of your printed disks so we can see how they turn out. A c-note isn't bad for one of these printers if it's the real deal.....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ha, johnny, I just responded to your post on the 12x plextor. If I can snag some discs mannana, Ill post up.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Just ordered my R200 from CCL computers. £76.49 + VAT
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can't wait to hear the R200-300 results from all you guys

Rock

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jaxxboss
    Im in the same sit. Inkjet printables dont arrive till friday also(hopefully). So now here's a question. What common stores would carry some inkjet printables? I think I saw compusa carrying some at one time, or maybe it was bestbuy. Anyway, anybody know? I'm also gonna post this as a question in a new thread.
    CompUSA and BestBuy should stock the Memorex IJP CDR's. $15USD for 30 of them. Some Staples stores might stock those CDR's too.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    LOL, No way Im messing with memorex unless I absolutley have to. And since these are a cdr then I dont have to.
    I just assume grab a paper label and print on that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The Memorex CDR's will take about the same ink load that a paper will. Most of the DVD media will NOT take that much ink load! So your final thoughts will have to be based on the DVD's that you will be using. Just wanted to make sure that you didn't get deceived by the paper results. The Ritek disks seem to take a pretty heavy ink load without problems.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I ordered my R200 from Gateway on 9 Mar and it is due for delivery today. Already have a 50 pack of Ritek 4x printables, none recorded yet, but I guess tonight I will be busy trying to record and label one.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Compusa will have them on sale Friday 3/19 and 3/20. Don't know the price - just know that they will be on sale.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jim prince
    Compusa will have them on sale Friday 3/19 and 3/20. Don't know the price - just know that they will be on sale.
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    RAT FRICKN POOPY HEAD DANG IT ! i CANT FIND MY USB CORD!! i NEVER USE THE THING AND now I need IT !! oFF TO compusa i go!
    cant believe they didnt include one, although im a dope for not finding the one i have. Cant even canabolize one form another piece of hardware!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jaxxboss
    RAT FRICKN POOPY HEAD DANG IT ! i CANT FIND MY USB CORD!! i NEVER USE THE THING AND now I need IT !! oFF TO compusa i go!
    cant believe they didnt include one, although im a dope for not finding the one i have. Cant even canabolize one form another piece of hardware!
    They never include cables... ever! Don'y know why, something as inexpensive as a USB cable should be included. Back when you might need a parellel cable for PC and a serial cable for a Mac, then I could see why no cables, but now it is only one cable to offer!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    yea well, I snagged one from my neighbor, but still dont have any printables. I just threw a label on one of my tv show discs and printed that. Came out pretty good, although I use almost all black and just a tad of red for the show title text.
    Now need to correct for the inner part. Saw that thread here somewhere. Gotta go search.
    But, first impressions.... SWEET ! I do need to find a separate stand for it as it makes my 17 inch lcd shake back n forth. LOL. They are like side by side.
    Quote Quote  
  20. @ Jaxx,
    You can get a pack of 100, from Amazon.com, for $99.99. They're Memorex, if you don't mind Memorex.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wolv6769
    They're Memorex, if you don't mind Memorex.
    LOL, You havnt seen too many of my posts regarding my distain and total lack of respect for memorex. My wishing them tragedy of biblcal proportions may have giving me away.
    But, yes, I did see it and I may have to Bite the bullet and buy them. Just wish there was another choice besides them. If they are richos then Id get them, but nobody has confirmed this.
    One more thing, as far as silver top or white top...difference? quality / price?
    Recommendations? I prefer +R
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    jaxxboss,
    Just got my 100 spindle from Amazon......Ricohs!
    & they print up fine on my R300.....
    mikel
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SWEET, i was just about to click to send in the order and I checked back here first. Order is in. THANKS
    Quote Quote  
  24. I got my R200 yesterday, love the looks first off, It looks very nice compared to my older epson photo 820. Only printed one Term paper and a family picture. They both look very, very sharp. Still waiting on printable dvd's, I went around town today (San Antonio) Circuit City, CompUSA, Bestbuy, Office Depot & MAX, NO ONE had printables!!!! Funny thing was that 4 of the 5 places never heard of them!! By the way, what is everyone using or going to use by way of software for acually printing on the media? Is that Epson CD print any good?
    Quote Quote  
  25. Too bad it is not available in Canada yet.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    compusa has them according to website $99 penny shipping.

Here is some media for it, free shipping, Pioneer certified 4x dvd-r
    http://supermediastore.com/prodisc-4x-white-inkjet-printable-dvd-r-media.html
    God Bless
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by jaxxboss
    Now sit down, take a breath. It's not as bad as it first seems.

Try Costco, if you're a member, WalMart, or there's a computer show this weekend, for the USB cable. It would almost be worth it to join Costco, since after one or two visits you'd save more than what the membership costs....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yo Johhny C LOL. I borrowed my neighbors and then found mine under the spare bed where I keep all my shit I dont want to throw away because I just may need it....like this cable.
    U gotta get this printer, its sweet, albeit a tad big. Sits right next to my monitor and makes it wobble when printing. LOL.
    Quote Quote  
  29. That was quick! I guess I missed it because the last I saw you were waiting 'til tomorrow. Have you ever seen the Epson rep at CompUSA on Southside Blvd? She's been at it for years. She used to work there when I was there with Computer City. She bakes some great cookies, I might add.

Now cough up them scans!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No, I havnt seen the Rep there, but then again I really dont hang out much there either. I knew a guy that worked at computer city. Richard Malholovictch...... dang, cant spell the last name, its like Bosnian or Croatian. He went back into the air force though, he was a navigator on a c-130, wifes name was ronnie. Pretty sure he worked there though. But I digress.
    Quote Quote