VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11
FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Thread
  1. Ink Runs through, well I myself have started spaying my disc with a Krylon clear cote. This seals the top from smudging. So far it works great. I then test my disc with dvdinfo and they read 100%. You want to try this. I also have been replacing my carts all six for $25 which is working out great.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK. Next item on shopping list is Krylon Clear Coat. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  3. its called Krylon Crystal Clear. Get the gloss. the satin looks like ass. Epsons perma brite and the pigment inks they've got are good, but I haven't seen where their normal inks, which these printers use, are any better than say HPs inks that I used in my old 722c.
    Quote Quote  
  4. update on the rima carts. I don't recommend them. While I've gotten fairly good results from them on DVD Inserts, they have problems on DVDs. I'm using the Memorex printable +Rs you find at amazon, which work just fine with the epson ink, but the Rima carts are banding on these discs. Think I'll stick with Epson carts if I can just find a decent place to buy them.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Try here http://www.atlanticinkjet.com/epson.asp . Been using their's and so far it's ok.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by toto31
    After I ordered 50 White Thermal DVD's from Prodisc, I read from my new Epson R200 which states: "DO NOT USE THERMAL-PRINTABLE OR REGULAR CD/ OR DVD'S IN THE PRINTER"....

So, before I return the DVD's, I'd like to know if any Epson R200 owners have used this thermal-printable with any problems?
    You can't use thermal print discs in an inkjet printer. Return them and get the inkjet printable discs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cholerabob
    Try here http://www.atlanticinkjet.com/epson.asp . Been using their's and so far it's ok.
    Yeah? How much have you used so far? I've occasionally come across them in Googles I've done on Epson R300 ink, so it's nice to hear from someone who's actually used them, especially after Poppa_Meth's disappointing experience with the Rima carts.

As far as I can tell, they don't sell OEMs, refillables or ink for the R300, only compatible cartridges: http://www.atlanticinkjet.com/cheap-ink-cartridge-epson-Stylus-Photo-R300.asp?Nation=CAN. I wonder what the difference is between theirs and Rima's.

One good thing about them for me is that they have a Canadian site in addition to their US site, so I could avoid the whole hassle of international shipping and duty-roulette.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hehe i didn't see you were from Montreal, i am too.

They ship from New Brunswick takes about 2 days. Very good service over the phone and on the web. I haven't had any problems and it's third batch i use from them. Quality looks the same to me, i print DVDs and DVD inserts mostely.

I don't know the quantity of ink in original Epsons, but these have 13ml. I am happy with the results so far.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I haven't had any problems and it's third batch i use from them. Quality looks the same to me, i print DVDs and DVD inserts mostely.
    Sounds good. I'll have to try them out.

I'm still wondering what the difference might be between these and the Rima carts.
    Quote Quote  
  10. probably the composition of the ink itself. the Rima carts work fine on paper but band on CD/DVD media, like the ink just isn't absorbing correctly. another annoying aspect of using generic inks is that the epson software prompts you everytime you print that they are not Epson carts. anyone know if there is a way to bypass that?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    And here's another question: If you run out of one color, can you replace just that one color, using the generic/compatible cart alongside with the Epson carts?
    Quote Quote  
  12. yes you can. I ended up doing them all though since every cart you put in drops the others by about a tenth. real pain in the butt. Just one more way to get you to buy more ink that necessary.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm wondering how many disks can be printed before refilling the ink on an R200. I've done about 8 so far and the ink monitor is at 7/8 full. Surely that slick utility will get me more mileage, but 60-70 disks on one set of tanks is a significant printing cost!
    I just finished up my second 100 pack spindle and have printed covers on every DVD. I don't use the printer for anything else besides DVD's. Therefore, in my experience, I can get about 225 DVD's before I have to replace them. I'm ordering some more ink today.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am thinking of taking the leap to non-epson ink cartridges as I compared the prices. I found epson ink (with shipping) around $85 and from Supermedia.com they have them for about $44. As long as they work well, that's a no-brainer. I just hope they don't give me a problem! By the way, I understand that the R200 and 300 are basically the same printers and use the same ink - correct? The reason I ask is that Supermedia has the combo deal listed as:

Epson Stylus Photo R300/R300M/RX500 Printer Compatible Ink Combo ( T048120, T048220, T048320, T048420, T048520, T048620 )

As you can see above, they don't give any mention to the R200. However, the cartridge numbers are the same. I should be fine with these, correct? I'm thinking of ordering them today. Does anyone have somewhere else they would suggest ordering from over Supermedia? Again, after shipping, they will cost me about $44.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh, wait a sec, I made a mistake on the price. I found the original Epson ink cartridges from Buy.com (free shipping and no tax) for $64.83. I think for only $20 more, I'll just stick with the original epson cartridges. The more I thought about it, I've already backed up most of my discs and now I just do a few here and there. Therefore, by the time that these new ink cartridges go empty on me again, that might be a couple years out so saving 20 bucks and possibly compromising on quality isn't worth it to me. Now, if I was going through these cartridges on a regular basis, I might think otherwise, but for me, I think I'll just stick with ones that I KNOW won't give me any problems. What's 20 bucks over the course of a couple years? Anyway, just my 2 cents -
    Quote Quote  
  16. annoying aspect of using generic inks is that the epson software prompts you everytime you print that they are not Epson carts. anyone know if there is a way to bypass that?
    Never had this problem....Maybe a problem with the microchip that's in/on the cartridge.

And here's another question: If you run out of one color, can you replace just that one color, using the generic/compatible cart alongside with the Epson carts?

Works the same as regular cartridges. You change only the catridge that the ink monitor tells you to, since they are chipped like the original cartridges. No need to change chips or anything. They look exactly the same , except for the logo.
    Quote Quote  
  17. anyone have any suggestions for a secondary printer? I'm thinking of just using the R300 for a photo and CD/DVD Printer and getting a cheaper more ink friendly printer for text and maybe some basic photo work. I've been looking at an HP 5150. anyone used one and have any comments on it? It uses the standard black and tri-color cart with the optional photo cart. Ink is a lot cheaper on it in comparison to the epson and from what I've seen from the all-in-one I have at work, which uses the same carts ink consumption is far better than the epson. I'm printing probably 700 pages a month on the all-in-one and it takes about 2-3 months before I change a cartridge.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Just received a new batch they are branded "G&G"...
    Quote Quote  
  19. &^^&^

That's a fair deal for the G&G's. They are the only aftermarkets I've used thus far. I've run maybe three or more complete sets w/o any percieved problems. Although, screw color matching with these.
    Quote Quote  
  20. What do you mean by "screw color matching?"
    Quote Quote  
  21. It's difficult to get accurate colors when printing photos (it is a photo printer!). ICC profiles... color matching... to get what's on screen to reproduce on photo paper is a science in itself.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The Epson inks are 11.99(colors) and 14.99(blk) at amazon. The cheapest non epson I have found is 6.99 at printpal.com.
    I am using printpal non-epson inks for my old epson stylus 800 with no quality lost so I am thinking of trying their ink cartridges for the r200.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Go to dealink.com for a large selection of printer ink to choose from.

I buy only the generic inks and have rarely had any problem. If I do, I simply run a ink utility check to clean the cartridge and I'm all set.

I've been buying Epson generic ink from dealink.com for some years and am very happy.
    Quote Quote  
  24. dealink is just an advertising portal for various companies (I only saw one).... although they give you coupon codes for the participating (i.e. paying subscribers) retailers.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Anyone tried or is using the bulk ink systems with a R200-300 ? Is it any good?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by Cholerabob
    Anyone tried or is using the bulk ink systems with a R200-300 ? Is it any good?
    Did you even read any of the posts in this thread?
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Well eeexxxcccuuussee me but the only mention i see about that system is by AlexT on page 9 and there is no awnser(or i'm blind can't see it).....I'm not talking about non-epson cartriges....
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by Cholerabob
    Anyone tried or is using the bulk ink systems with a R200-300 ? Is it any good?
    ).....I'm not talking about non-epson cartriges....
    Hmmmm.....OK
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  29. I replaced my epson cartridges with G&Gs and now my reds are real dull my disk print outs are greenish, missing alot of red anyone else have this problem
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    http://blankmedia.ca/ now has EPSON OEM COMPATIBLE INK cartridges for CND$10 for R200's and R300's, to go along with the PRODISC WHITE HUB INKJET PRINTABLE DVD-R's they sell. I wonder if they are the same ones http://www.atlanticinkjet.com/cheap-ink-cartridge-epson-Stylus-Photo-R300.asp?Nation=CAN sell, which Cholerabob says are G&G and OK on his 3rd set.
    Quote Quote