VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi All,

I hadn't done so in a long time, but had recently capped some Analog captures.

I am running them through avisynth into CCE to resize, encode, etc to author them out.

I have gone through avisynth's site, to try and find a line command to brighten the clips. I was hoping someone may know it.

Any help, as always is greatly appreciated Thanks guys
    ~~~Spidey~~~

"Gonna find my time in Heaven, cause I did my time in Hell........I wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well......" - The Man - Keef Riffards
    Quote Quote  
  2. http://www.avisynth.org/index.php?page=Tweak

So you might try:

Tweak(Bright=10)

or something like that, depending on how dark the source is. However, if your script also adds black bars, it'll brighten them up as well. You can get around that by adding the AddBorders line (if there is one) after Tweak. Or you might want to play around with Levels also, to adjust the Gamma:

http://www.avisynth.org/index.php?page=Levels
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you very much !!!!!!!!! I'll give it a go ASAP Thanks again
    ~~~Spidey~~~

"Gonna find my time in Heaven, cause I did my time in Hell........I wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well......" - The Man - Keef Riffards
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Guys,

I did review the avisynth pages above,a nd have tried multiple variances of the script....no luck, so I am sure I am simply entering something wrong...

My base script is -

# -= AviSynth script by FitCD v1.1.2 =-
    #LoadPlugin("D:\PathOf\AnyPlugin.dll")
    AviSource("H:\005.avi")
    LanczosResize(688,448)
    AddBorders(16,16,16,16)
    #Trim(0,11468).FadeOut(150)

With my additions I made it -

ConverttoYUY2
    Tweak(clip "H:\005.avi" [, float 0] [, float 0] [, float 20] [, float 3] [, bool 0])
    LanczosResize(688,448)
    AddBorders(16,16,16,16)

No luck - the page references this line -

Tweak(clip clip [, float hue] [, float sat] [, float bright] [, float cont] [, bool coring])

I also had added the Convertto YUY2 (from my RGB source) as it said Tweak could only work on YUY clips.

Again, any help would be very appreciated Thanks !!!!
    ~~~Spidey~~~

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Please, someone out there I know knows the answer to this scripting issue. If anyone can help shed some more light on it I'd really appreciate it. Thanks !!!
    ~~~Spidey~~~

Quote Quote  
  6. Code:
    ConverttoYUY2 
    Tweak(clip "H:\005.avi" [, float 0] [, float 0] [, float 20] [, float 3] [, bool 0]) 
    LanczosResize(688,448) 
    AddBorders(16,16,16,16) 
    Just a few things out of place with this script, not totally sure if you used the script exactly the way you posted but here would be a better way to make that script work.

Code:
    ConverttoYUY2()
    Tweak(0.0, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0)
    #Hue, Sat, Brght, Cntrst
    LanczosResize(688,448) 
    AddBorders(16,16,16,16)
    Based on what you typed
    #Tweak( float 0] [, float 0] [, float 20] [, float 3] [, bool 0])
    I read 20 as 2.0 and 3 as 3.0

The script above will increase the brightness and contrast.

Looking in the AVS documention for 2.5 I can't see anything in Tweak that requires a bool value, so I don't know why you had the bool value at the end of the Tweak filter; could be wrong though because I haven't used 2.0 in a long time.

Your video must be REALLY dark if you're going to be increasing the brightness and contrast at the same time. Especially with a value of 3.0 for contrast; basically increasing the contrast by 30%.

Better put the shades 8) on. But yeah just play with the Tweak values and see what works for you; I usually leave a comment underneath tweak to help me remember what each value adjusts; just fyi 0.0 and 1.0 are the defaults for Hue and Sat respectively and so they aren't adjusted in the script.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try adding just this:

tweak(bright=10)

Adjust the number until you are satisfied with the results. Ver2.53 adds a boolean "coring" value to the script.
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
  8. @SLK001

You learn something new everyday; just adjusting what you want without having to worry about other values. I didn't add anything to his script, just edited his.

@spidey

An even better version of your script thanks to the help of manono and as restated by SLK001.

Code:
    ConverttoYUY2() 
    Tweak(Bright=20.0, Cont=3.0)
    LanczosResize(688,448) 
    AddBorders(16,16,16,16)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you very much manono, deadpac, & SLK001

I appreciate it extremely much !!!! I will give it all a go and revise the script.

It'll help me get these caps cleaned up. I haven't been on the board much of late as we had a little Spidey The clips I've capped, to author out are all our movies, Hospital, kids' first Christmas, etc., so again I can not tell you how much I appreciate your help.

Thanks again !!!!
    ~~~Spidey~~~

Quote Quote