VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i've been looking through my old encodes and found that the Pal encodes look much better than my Ntsc,i think it's b/c the res is higher. i'm able to watch the vcd inpal b/c my apex toogles through pal/ntsc/multi. I likeing the Svcds i've done in Ntsc and really haven't tryed the Pal template. My question is Pal quail better overall or should i stick to making pal vcds and ntsc Svcd (or try the pal template for Svcds)
    "A good song should make you wanna tap your foot and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cops and set fire to the suburbs. I'm only interested in writing great songs." Tom Morello in Alternative Press
    Quote Quote  
  2. I would use whatever format the source is. So if you have a NTSC DVD make a NTSC SVCD and vice versa. The resolution isn't the problem, you can make a non-standard resolution xSVCD. It's the 25fps vs 29.97fps. Going from 29.97fps -> 25fps is ok, but the reverse can cause problems
    Quote Quote  
  3. is fps, Frames Per Sseconeds and if so a higher number better?
    Quote Quote  
  4. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-10-18 01:20:56, ReDlxn72 wrote:
    i've been looking through my old encodes and found that the Pal encodes look much better than my Ntsc,i think it's b/c the res is higher. i'm able to watch the vcd inpal b/c my apex toogles through pal/ntsc/multi. I likeing the Svcds i've done in Ntsc and really haven't tryed the Pal template. My question is Pal quail better overall or should i stick to making pal vcds and ntsc Svcd (or try the pal template for Svcds)

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

If you have a PAL source, use a PAL template. PAL is better quality, not by that much, but it is. especially on SVCD you can notice the difference. dont do PAL -> NTSC conversion or vice versa, its not good.
    Quote Quote