VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. can anyone tell me which option to use in tmpgenc for the source aspect ratio so when i play my vcd on a stand alone dvd i will get the full picture. I cant seem to figure out which numbers on the movie properties would tell what the source video is. im getting confused just asking the question. please help!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you're using DVD2AVI it tells you in the window that pops up on the right hand side (assuming you're ripping from DVD) what the ratio is. From there in TMPGEnc you are "asked" what the source & output ratio should be. Use what DVD2AVI "tells" you the source is.

Get that? Not sure if that made sense.
    Quote Quote  
  3. makes perfect sense but i forgot to mention that i am working from a downloaded avi that i am converting to mpeg
    have any ideas for that?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Without being able to see what it looks like I'd suggest using 4:3 as source & output.

Just try a few minutes & then break off the encoding. You'll still be able to view what was already encoded without having to do the whole thing. That way you can see what it looks like.

If it looks wrong you'll just have to play around to get it right.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You're welcome. Hope you get what you're looking for.
    Quote Quote