VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey everyone, S2D has been working great for me lately but on this last attempt to do a conversion it gave me a problem. Everything works fine till the point where I go to the menu tab and click on "new menu", it just freezes up after that. I can't even do a ctrl+alt+del. I've restarted and reinstalled many times and it still doesn't work. I thought maybe it was the files, but I tried the files that I had success with in the past and it still didn't work. If I go into the svcd2dvd folder and start up menu maker from there, it works fine. So it has to do something with S2D not being able to open it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Lap795
    Everything works fine till the point where I go to the menu tab and click on "new menu", it just freezes up after that. I can't even do a ctrl+alt+del. If I go into the S2D folder and start up menu maker from there, it works fine. So it has to do something with S2D not being able to open it.
    Hey, Lap!

This has happened before. See https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=186929&highlight=.

I have not updated beyond 1.5 Final, so maybe something about S2D or DVDMenuMaker (DVDMM) has changed in the meantime. In the past, when there were other problems with the facility (freezing as well, and staying in memory after finishing), I made a link on the desktop to DVDMenuMaker.exe (inside the S2D application Folder), and used DVDMM separately, before I fired up the main program. Sometimes I made two or more Menus for different DVDs in advance.

With me, using WinMe, these Menu data are stored in C:\Windows\Application Data\Badgersoft. Maybe in XP there is a different location. ChrissyBoy will be able to tell which.

The only thing to do under the Menu Tab in S2D, then, is to Load a menu, in fact an .xml file from the right Folder in Application Data which provides the VTS and VOB making part of the program with a pointer to the MPG containing the finished Menu. Such action, unlike starting DVDMM from inside S2D, then caused no problems at all. The whole procedure at least saved one the hassle of starting S2D all over again, maybe even after having to restart or even reboot the whole system.

This is not ideal, but should serve at least until such time that the problem has again been sorted out.

Callan
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks Callan (and also thank you for helping me on my other post). I feel this should work, but now I just need to find where it saves the encoded menu. If I understood you correctly I should be searching for an .xml file? I've searched but found nothing . If you find out where it saves it on WinXP then please let me know, till then I will keep looking.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Lap795
    I feel this should work, but now I just need to find where it saves the encoded menu. If I understood you correctly I should be searching for an .xml file? I've searched but found nothing . If you find out where it saves it on WinXP then please let me know, till then I will keep looking.
    Dear Lap,

I have not used S2D (1.5 Final) much for a while -most VCDs I wanted to tranfer have been dealt with.

The latest entry in the Application Data\Badgersoft\DVD Menu Maker Folder dates from 28 Nov 2003 and contains the following files:
    MenuMuxer.exe 69632 bytes
    preview.jpg 9466 bytes
    menu.mpg 622592 bytes (which is set to Read-Only)
    pal.rgb 178 bytes (might be ntsc.rgb in your case)
    menuspec.xml 647 bytes

You might institute a systemwide search for any or all of them, -of course after making a 'test' Menu with DVDMM..

Hope this helps. Or Chrissyboy may. He should know.

Callan
    Quote Quote  
  5. I finally found it...I was looking in the wrong application data folder...but after doing a search for the files you mentioned I found it. Thanks so much for the help and time you took to help me out.
    Quote Quote