VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi ,
    i have allot of VHS analog vedios and want to convert it to vcd (mpeg1)
    how much i can fit the maximum time of VHS film on one 700 cd-r (mpeg1) VCD ?
    and which the codec can do the best?
    can i fit 2 hours time film on one cd (vcd mpeg1 format)? if not so how maximum i can ? and how? (speed not important)
    my system :
    PIII 600 HD80 GB VGA CARD AUSUS Gforce 32 MB DDRAM with video in
    win2000 pro
    i use vertualdub and TMPGEnc and nero6.

thanks and god pless yo all
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the VideoCD format is a standard, just like WAV. On a 700 mb disc you can theoretically fit 70 minutes, tho you rarely see more than 60, just because of disc overhead and other minor files a VCD disc needs to have included on it.

An afterthought: Some newer stand-alone DVD players support the DIVX and Windows Media formats. If you encode your movies to those formats, you should be able to get 2 hours on a CD-R, tho the quality might be somewhat lessened.
    Quote Quote  
  3. thanks troLL
    i dont have DVD players i have VCD Player (45 us$) so is there vcd player support the DIVX and Windows Media formats.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Forum Troll
    the VideoCD format is a standard, just like WAV. On a 700 mb disc you can theoretically fit 70 minutes, tho you rarely see more than 60, just because of disc overhead and other minor files a VCD disc needs to have included on it.
    What ? a 700mb (80min) CDR will hold 80mins of VCD video not 70 mins.

Buddha says that, while he may show you the way, only you can truly save yourself, proving once and for all that he's a lazy, fat bastard.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There are players that play DivX and WMV. Unfortunately teh quality is pretty mediocre in the US at teh moemnt. Give it 6 more months and you should see some pretty good units.

The biggest problem is people don't want to re-encode their crappy downloaded AVI's to something decent for a settop player to play.
    To Be, Or, Not To Be, That, Is The Gazorgan Plan
    Quote Quote