VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey,

I have edited my home movie in Premiere. It's a basketball game. I want to add the score at the bottom after baskets are scored and the action is heading back up the floor, a la, regular TV broadcasts. Any quick Ideas? I can't figure out this whole title thing.

Here's the tough question. At the end of the game, after I fade to black, I want to fade back in to a stat sheet with each players game stats, points, shots, fouls, etc. It's easy enough to do in Excel, but I can't seem to get anywhere going that route. I have photoshop, but no real idea how to do the text thing there. In Premiere, I tried to type in a test page, but I never figured out how to save it or anything. Is there any easy way to do this?

Thanks a LOT!

Augster
    Quote Quote  
  2. 12 views. No replies eh? NOBODY must use Premiere. I can hardly believe that. Not even the admins?

Up.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There are a lot of ways you can do this. It all depends on wich way you want to go. I do my son's football videos and I put in a score bug in the upper left corner that shows the teams, the date, and the score. I made the score bug in Photoshop, then imported the psd with transparent layer into Premiere. Then I set the transparency to white alpha matte. I put it over the video track and adjusted the alpha channel to fade it in and out.

If you want to just use a tittle, then click File > New > Tittle. Type your tittle and set it as Lower 3rd. That will center it in the lower part of the screen.

For some great tutorials, go to www.wrigleyvideo.com
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks Racer-X.

I have photoshop 6.0. Unfortunately, I never really learned how to use it, and what you describe would be an almost impossiblity for me at this point without a LOT of reading and studying.

What you describe is exactly what I want to do. Unfortunately, I don't have the photoshop know-how to do it. Ack. In Premiere, the HELP section says to press T for text and such, and I don't even have that option. I don't know what the hell. Then I try the title thing, and it never lets me save it or move the title to a track or anything.

At this point, what should I do? Spend 4-6 hours figuring out Photoshop, or the same hours configuring the title in Premiere? Where would my time be best spent do you think?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When you create a title in Premiere and save it - it should appear in your media bin - you then drag this to video track 2 or greater
    you should also be able to drag the title from the title work area to the same place on the video tracks
    Titles are automatically matted and anti-aliased
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quite honestly, I think your time will be better spent @ www.wrigleyvideo.com

You can download Premiere Tutorials for version 6, 6.5 and Pro. They are video tutorials that will teach you a lot. Just download them and watch them. There is a tutorial just on Tittles that will explain everything you need to know.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote