VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread

1. I HAVE THE NEC ND1100A DRIVE WHICH I HAVE BEEN USING TO BACK UP MY DVDS. IVE BEEN USING PACKARD BELL DVD+R 2.4x Discs . i thought i might try some RITEK PRINTABLE 4x Discs, but my NEC will not even 'See' them. Is this because they are 4x discs? what can i do???!!??
    Quote Quote  
  2. please supply us with details in what you have done up to the point your burner cannot
    see them
    it is not because they at 4x discs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Normally when this happens it means you need a firmware update. However, like noki stated we need more info to better help you resolve your question.
    Quote Quote  
  4. i shrink dvd with DVD-SHRINK , then burn with nero.select files to burn no problems This has worked fine with the 2.4x discs. However using The Ritek printable dvd+r 4xdiscs, At the Nero asks me to insert a Disc (the 4x disc is already loaded). The company that sold me the discs suggested a firmware update which they e-mailed me as a zip file. when i un zipped it ,and double clicked the icon it just said cannot find target drive?. Should my NEC 1100A be ok with 4x speed discs then??
    Quote Quote  
  5. Are you sure its plus media...
    Quote Quote  
  6. The company that sold me the discs advertised them as : Ritek dvd+r printable discs x4speed . But there is no label on the disc .
    Quote Quote  
  7. I will try it. will this tool be able to tell me what speed my writer can handle? and will it be able to tell me if ive been sent dvd-r by mistake? i think these are the first things i should establish.
    Quote Quote  
  8. DVDInfoPro will give you that information.
    Quote Quote  
  9. will it make any difference if it turns out a dvd-r disc (bearing in mind i have a dvd+r drive) when using dvd pro info?
    what i mean is even if they are not compatable will i still be able to find out?
    Quote Quote  
  10. ive downloaded dvd info the following happens when i put the a blank ritek 4xspeed disc in my nec1100: the message displayed is " no media is present"
    if i put the same disc in my DVD-ROM DRIVE: it spins it clicks it slows down and speeds up it clicks again unill iget worried and i eject before somthing bad happens the message displayed is "drive did not report ready"
    Quote Quote