VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I currently have the adaptec aspi layer installed, and I want to know how to uninstall it. Does anybody know? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Use the KILLASPI.BAT contained as part of the Force ASPI Drivers tool.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Lately DVD 2SVCD has been acting funny. Could it be the aspi layer, and if so what aspi layer should I be using? Im running winxp.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Describe "Weird". Maybe I or someone else can help.

To answer the ASPI question, here's what I have installed on WinXP Pro. Not the latest, but if it ain't broke ...

Quote Quote  
  5. Well DVD2SVCD will lock up halfway through the conversion or it will convert, but then it will lock up during multiplexing. When I say"weird" I mean that before when I used it it worked fine, but then when I had a computer crash and then had to reinstall everything dvd2svcd started acting up. The link you sent me is xed out. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. Sorry the picture is there.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yeah -- server is being stubborn -- would not take a GIF, but worked w/ a JPG. It's up now.

Try running KILLASPI.BAT, re-boot and then re-install using FORCEASPI.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm sorry I noticed that your aspi version says 4.57. Where would I find that version because the earliest I could find is 4.70. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  9. PM me and I'll e-mail to you !!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hi I noticed that when I installed the ASPI layer you recommended it says ASPI fully operational, and 2 host adapters are detected. I noticed that yours says 4 host adapters found. Will this make a difference? Thanks

When I get home from work I will try dvd2svcd, and see if it works like it used to.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Not really sure. I do have 2 VIRTUAL ATAPI drives defined/configured in addtion to the 2 physical ATAPI drives. My guess is that the virtual ones show-up as a HOST ADAPTER, as well.

Give it a try and post-up. While the issues you described w/ DVD2SVCD could be caused by ASPI drivers, I am not totally convinced that this is your problem, I am hopeful that this will fix it for you.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Thanks Ripper2860. I just used dvd2svcd to convert a movie, and it worked without a hitch. I'm just wondering if it has anything to do with cbr, multipass vbr, or one pass vbr because I used multipass(2) vbr. Before I was trying to use one pass vbr with the plugin you recomended, and it would freeze up.

Im going to keep trying different stuff to see what works best.

Thanks again!
    Quote Quote